“Tasty Burgers....”

The Cornerstone Bar and Grill
Ranked #26 of 82 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, British
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Three mates from Cornwall, having graduated Uni were all terrified by the thought of having a proper office job and working for 'The Man'. They were all working in hospitality in various roles to help pay their way through their studies and after a few Indian Pale Ale's on a bleak Winter's night sat by an open fire in their local watering hole, an idea was born... The boys put their heads together and came up with The Cornerstone Bar & Grill, an American inspired eatery with an emphasis on quality local meat, big bold flavours, great coffee, bright colours, rocking 50's music and friendly speedy service (they decided against roller skates though). They found the perfect site, a former wine bar, threw buckets of red and white paint over it and pulled together a band of merry guys and gals to help out. The doors opened on 23rd May 2014 and was full of excited hungry people within minutes! That's all well and good, but....Can you conquer The Cow?
Preston, United Kingdom
“Tasty Burgers....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Liked the look of this 50's style diner and the food didn't disappoint. Had a good selection on the menu and decided on one of the burgers which was nicely presented and very tasty. Opted for the chocolate brownie waffle dessert and there was plenty to share between two. Had no problem with the service and would definitely go again.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Ash_Benton

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Not a good start when after I sat down and my top was ruined by the dirty table. Really, that summed up the place, grubby. No kids menu as such, which in a holiday destination is a little strange. Had to ask for my side order as they had forgot it, toilet (just the one shared toiled, not pleasant for woman!!) was not nice, dared to turn my head head as I walked past the kitchen, grubby, staff.... Ok, service ok, food was ok, if not a little over priced for what we received. I'm not a fussy customer but would generally expect it to at least be clean, I'm afraid for this reason only, I would not recommend it.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Tim H
“Not bad ... ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited the cornerstone, service was awkward, the waitress wasn't very responsive. Water tasted horrible for some reason.

Food was large, and nice tasting. BLT was big and the bacon was lovely, chicken burger was nice. Chips went cold quick. Coleslaw was different, but I liked it. Service was prompt.

1 toilet ? And that was disgusting. Little bit of a clean would be nice.

Similar to route 38 but a lot better. Would go back.

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

good service fast and hot ,burgers tasted great,will visit again,next time in looe.my style music ,60 ish ,,made for lovely evening

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Reg R
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I came here today with my wife and daughter for lunch because we fancied something different. The waitress came and took our drinks orders which consisted of 3 chocolate bar milkshakes, my wife had the snickers one and my daughter and I had the oreos ones! They are a bit expensive but my, were they delicious and they came out in milk bottles with straws! My wife ordered the Cornerstone special burger, my daughter ordered the classic burger and I ordered a pulled pork sandwich (which actually came out in a burger bun). The meals were delivered on wooden chopping boards by a friendly waiter who seemed genuinely interested in our experience. The burgers came with fries and coleslaw and were decent portions. The pulled pork sandwich (burger!) was tender and tasty in a bbq sauce, I got in a bit of a mess trying to eat it but it was worth it! My wife said her burger was delicious and my daughter enjoyed hers though she couldn't manage to eat it all!
The only 2 small criticisms we had was one, the table hadn't been cleaned properly and two, the waitress who took our orders, although coming across as friendly, it didn't feel genuine, she seemed to have her mind elsewhere.
Overall though a very enjoyable meal and reasonable experience. Well worth checking out if you fancy something a bit different!

1 Thank Andy H