“lovely hotel, great view, very helpful staff”

Hannafore Point Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Looe
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We experienced a friendly welcome and nothing seemed too much trouble for the staff. We enquired about visiting Looe Island when going out one evening and by our return the lovely smiley lady on reception had the information for us. The hotel appeared fresh and clean and we would happily stay there again. The buffet breakfast had a good choice with a great sea view to enjoy our breakfast. A lovely sea view from our room with comfortable bed and amenities. great walking base with wonderful cliff walks to Seaton or Polperro in the other direction. We found this to be a lovely friendly seaside town with harbour in centre. We recommend Sally's pasties and Roskilly's gooseberry icecream.

3  Thank gill m
Hannafore P, Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Gill M

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about your stay at the Hannafore Point Hotel, it was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time with us and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed September 13, 2013

just enjoyed 5 nights DBB in this super seaside hotel where nothing is too much trouble for the hard working staff -chef and kitchen staff deserve high praise for inventive suculent dishes to a very high standard- will definately return

Room Tip: definately have a sea view room
3  Thank william f
Hannafore P, Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear William f

Many thanks for taking the time to leave some lovely feedback; It was a pleasure to read it and see you had enjoyed you stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

First impressions at entrance and reception staff very good, easy check in warm and friendly. The lift is a little rickety but it worked for the duration of our three night stay. Our room, standard double, any smaller would have felt small but was adequate, bathroom very good, room a little dated but very clean. The TV was rubbish most freeview channels faded in and out and never got bbc1 or 2 for the duration, and when we flushed the toilet it went on the blink--bizarre.
Dinner in the bar was a disaster. They have three menu`s and I ordered from one and my partner from another, as she finished her dinner, mine arrived, I was not happy and complained to the staff and got nothing more than a sorry. Hence we didn't eat there again. I was so cheeseed off I didn't enjoy it, so I can`t give an honest review on the taste.
The pool area and gym are pretty good although the sauna and steam room are on a different level, I didn't use either as I would have dripped all over the place.
Breakfast is very good, plenty of it, juice, cereals and full English, and other items at extra cost. The waitresses were very pleasant and attentive.
Considering it appeared to be a quiet time in Looe generally, parking was an absolute nightmare at the hotel. They have about 25 dedicated car spaces, after returning to the hotel early evening or late evening, we could not park easily, one evening I sat in the car for 55 minutes waiting for a space, the other two evenings 35 mins and 20 mins. They do have some kind of dance event for guests and I presume locals come too, and the gym for non residents, hence the parking issues I guess.
We stayed 2nd September for three nights, we are 50 and 51 and figured we were the youngest people staying, most were in their 60`s and 70`s and maybe even older.
Generally the hotel is Ok, fantastic views and a good location.

2  Thank prince61

Dear prince61

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Firstly may I apologise for the TV we have had some issues with certain make and model of the TV not being compatible with our system, we have since replaced that make of TV.

I can only apologise for the mix up with your bar meals, I will speak you my Bar Supervisor and unsure that steps are put in place that this does not happen again.

With regards to parking this is something we are working on at the moment, we find that people not staying in the hotel park in the car park and go elsewhere, as this is a huge issue for us we are looking at an improved deterrent and this should be in place soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The public rooms (restaurant and bar) are nice and well kept, the bedrooms less so. The rooms are small, the beds not very comfortable and both the bedroom and bathroom need seriously updating. The restaurant dinner was expensive and only OK, (my local Plaice was overcooked and the vegetables were poor). Breakfast was a buffet which was a shame, why not invest a little more in cooked to order breakfast? For 200 GBP for bed, dinner and breakfast, not good value for money. The view was from our room was spectacular, but that's just the hotel's good fortune!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, I have no idea what the rooms on the other side of the corridor overlook.
1  Thank Liz F

Dear Lizziefin

Firstly my apologies you did not feel the food was up to standard, I will pass these comment back to my Head Chef. We at the hotel feel the buffet breakfast is more favored choice for our guests and it allows customers to have as little or as much as they would like. All of the cooked breakfast items are freshly cooked and are monitored frequently. I will pass your comment on the breakfast team.

We are currently in the planning stages to upgrade and renew our rooms, with focus on our bathrooms; this work is due to start in October and will finish by the New Year.

Hopefully if you will consider returning the New Year and see the improvement that will be made.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dated. Musty. Poor decor. 70's music piped through the bar. Awful hot chocolate.
WE LOVED THE PLACE!
I would be hard pressed to find a hotel that allows dogs and has a view and position like this one.
Location wise, it is set in the quieter (West Looe) part and a stones throw from the seas and spectacular views of Looe Island and rugged coast line.
Food. Ate dinner in the bar both evenings of our stay as we were with the dogs. The freshly caught fish was tasty. The cassette (well, seemed like it) music was forgiven as there were too many positives.
Room. Spacious and very tired looking.
The staff. Very polite and helpful and genuinely seemed to like working there.
It would be very easy to slag this hotel off for a multitude of things but on reflection one would have to be pretty short-sighted and up themselves to deny that this is an English seaside hotel of yesteryear. Not modern or particularly on the ball but never the less a little gem.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ronni S
Hannafore P, Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Ronni S

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the hotel and the staff were polite and helpful.

I value your feedback regarding any negative points of your stay, where possible we will be looking to update décor in the future. I will also address your points with my team and look to make improvements where we can.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ask for a room with a sea view, the rooms are very good value compared with the other hotels in town. We always enjoy our breakfast with the lovely view over the Bay. Parking is available to the front of the hotel and can be a problem in Looe

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gavin J
Hannafore P, Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hi Gavin J

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review.

It was good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Lovely staff and fabulous location and views. Breakfast good too.the rooms are dated but comfortable.
Looe is a fabulous place to stay.we upgraded to a sea view room with balcony. Worth the extra, as views are beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hello Denise00000

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the food and the fantastic sea view.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.