“Family fish and chips”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Went to Emiles for standard cod and chips. Anything but!! Best I've had in a long time. Good value, good portion and cod cooked to perfection. Live locally and will be back very soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2016

We visited Emiles at 6pm on Tuesday 12th July 2016 (I've given the date so that management can find out who served us if they want to) and ordered 3x fish and chips to takeaway. Unfortunately, before we even got to taste the food, the attitude of the 2 males serving had already taken the shine off our experience. It seems that they do not know anything about customer service as they were totally disinterested and off hand. There was none of the happy friendly service we have received throughout Looe and most of Cornwall.
The food was excellent. Really fresh tasting, chunky fish and great chips. If the service had been even passable, this would have been a 5 star review. However, we had to knock 2 stars off and will probably go elsewhere next time. What a pity.

1  Thank BigDNuts2
duncan j, Owner at Emiles, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Hi, many thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we are delighted you enjoyed our food, even though you feel you didn't receive the service you expected. I was actually frying on Tuesday, so I can assure you I was definitely not disinterested, I take great care to ensure our food is always of the highest quality, and this requires 100% concentration at all times, the quality of my fish and chips is my first priority.
I do remember having quite a lot of fish on order around the time you mention, and I remember selecting three really nice chunky pieces of equal size to ensure they all cook evenly and all cook in the same time, so as you have said how good the food was, I do hope you will return, kind regards, Darren.

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

I booked a table here for my wife and myself for tea last Friday at five o'clock and after looking at the menu we settled for the meal deal which was fish chips peas, bread and butter and tea or coffee . The woman who served us was pleasant and easy to talk to . The meal was good quality served freshly cooked with generous portions . We will be back here next year .

Reviewed June 15, 2016

We lived in Liskeard for 15 years, and there is one thing for sure. There are no quality fish and chip shops to be found. Imagine our surprise when we discovered this gem, after moving to Downderry. Fresh fish cooked to perfection, with crispy chips. What more is there to say.

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I ordered fish and chips here at the weekend and were not disappointed. The fish was very fresh and juicy. The batter was crispy and not greasy. The staff are very friendly and helpful. All fish is cooked to order and is happily cooked for individual preference ie. with no batter. Number 1 fish and chip shop in Looe by far.

duncan j, Owner at Emiles, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a complimentary review, we do work very hard to ensure our food is exactly as you have described, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit, and we really look forward to seeing you again. kind regards, Emiles.