“romance in the stone”

The Courtyard
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Cornish Fishing Port of Looe, the Award Winning Courtyard offers a warm and friendly welcome to all. A key focus is placed on using the freshest, local fish, shellfish, meat and farm produce throughout its seasonally changing menu. Come on in, or dine al fresco in our mediterranean garden, and join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or just a coffee and slice of cake! We're are closed until Easter 2016! If you would like to have a private function or large booking before then, please email us!
Reviewed January 30, 2014

lovely good food nice people lovely views all around upstairs so nice and romantic melt in your mouth food but a bit dear thank yoy

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Called by for lunch with a friend . Was in the summer - apologies it's taken so long for me to review . However loved everything about this little place, location, ambience staff and food. Will definitely return as soon as I have a day off! Would recommend this place for people who enjoy a chilled laid back place for lunch and dare I say it, away from the Emmett's ( oh don't be so hard on me) hummingbird cake looked amazing , so much so I got the recipie

1  Thank caroline s
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Having read some great reviews I must say we were massively disappointed by the Courtyard when we popped in for lunch. Our food was ok but the service was rather poor and the toilets were horrible! We won't be rushing back, there are much nicer & friendlier cafés in Looe than this.

1  Thank eshba
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The atmosphere was really great and we were delighted to find this café, but the service was very slow which let it down. I think we may have caught them at a busy time, but we ended up leaving after just having a tea & coffee and then not being attended to again. If we had of been visited by staff we would have ordered more. So do try it, but make sure you order everything you want at the start .....

1  Thank Isthisthebestroom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

After stumbling on this place on our last trip to Cornwall and being wowed we went back on our trip this Christmas to see if was still as good and I can report it is still excellent. Superb food at very reasonable prices, lovely attentive staff and excellent service. We ate inside this time which is snug (had to dismantle and fold pushchair to get in) but it adds to the charm. We had fish 3 ways which was so fresh and tasty (love their side salad too) and beetroot & chocolate cake which was outstanding. They also serve a drink courtyard lemonade which is delicious and I highly recommend giving it a try. We'll done courtyard we will definitely be back on our next trip

1  Thank rhubarb2uk