“Calm and pretty oasis in central Looe”
Review of The Courtyard

The Courtyard
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Cornish Fishing Port of Looe, the Award Winning Courtyard offers a warm and friendly welcome to all. A key focus is placed on using the freshest, local fish, shellfish, meat and farm produce throughout its seasonally changing menu. Come on in, or dine al fresco in our mediterranean garden, and join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or just a coffee and slice of cake! We're are closed until Easter 2016! If you would like to have a private function or large booking before then, please email us!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Came upon this place by accident while searching for somewhere pleasant off the main area of Looe with free wi-fi. But we liked it so much we went back again. Lovely charming little flower-and plant-surrounded courtyard with inside restaurant attached. Very friendly service. Lots of local produce including just-landed fish and local ciders and ales.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

After reading the good reviews we decided to book this restaurant as the menu suited the varied tastes in our party. The food was excellent. I had fish and chips (the catch of the day being, haddock, scallops and monkfish). It was cooked beautifully with the batter being very light and crispy. The homemade coleslaw was also excellent.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

set back off the street, we stumbled across the Courtyard whilst walking around Looe and looking for a place to lunch. My husband and I loved the nature of this place : secluded, quirky, nice courtyard of you want to sit outside, lovely inside with whist walls and bunting. we loved the fact that they didn't mind if dogs came with their owners.
The menu was not overly large, but everything was covered. and the food was just brilliant. we both had sarnies and a drink. and then I realised we could go for dinner here one night, so we booked up.
The dinner was lovely. Burger was lovely, the chicken nuggets were fresh and homemade, the chips were lovely too. Salad was nice with a nice dressing and seeds etc on top. Just lovely. Not OTT, but just a nice homely welcoming place. Cakes and desserts all homemade too!
If I wasn't pregnant I would have gone for the 3 x fish and chips!
Staff also friendly!

Would recommend for lunch and dinner. Find it!!!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

4 adults, 2 kids and a small dog. Fantastic welcome, sat outside in the quiet. We took afternoon tea for two, having chosen crab, roast ham and apple, and salt beef sandwiches - truly scrumptious, all of them. Scones were legendary and then to the top tier selection ... making some space, carrot cake and teacake ... awesome. To make this even more perfect, mother-in-law paid without me knowing. Perfect, just perfect.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Lovely little cafe, perfect crab sandwich, great flavourful chips, just what I was after. For dessert the orange posset was absolutely fantastic, melting in the mouth with smooth tanginess (though I'd have liked a little biscuit or two with it for texture contrast). Next time I'm in Looe I'll be eating here again.