“spookily good”

Old Guildhall Museum & Gaol
Ranked #5 of 21 things to do in Looe
Reviewed August 11, 2012

reasonably priced lots to look at and read, complete with its own ghost, lots of history, I could have stayed all day

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Walked past and decided to go in as we don't like missing out on things to do. Cost us $4.40 for 2 adults and one child.
The woman there was very friendly and informative. There are some interesting things there such as the small cells and the devil fish and the 'court'. and there are toys,weapons and various things and most are connected with the area.
There is a lot of reading to be done if you want to get the best out of it and there are lots of folders by the exhibits which isn't really my sort of thing.
We only had about 20 minutes before we had to return to our car so we did have one eye on that but I would say this is only a 15 minute visit anyway. Maybe more if you wish to read and learn about the exhibits.
I personally found it quite forgettable but if I lived in the area, I would find it a useful resource.

1  Thank rayraysworld
Reviewed June 16, 2012

For suvch a small place it was extremely interesting and kept us well informed

1  Thank Yvonne G
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Visited the museum on the way back to our hotel one afternoon. Only small but holds a lot of history about Looe. Very reasonable as it cost less than £5 for a family ticket.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

It was very sweet - and slightly unexpected. The painted coat of arms, magistrates chair, old regalia and the cells beneath were
surprising for such a small place. There was a good collection of local paraphernalia, but it was rather crammed together, making it somewhat hard to see. I've known Looe all my life, walked past the building hundreds of times, but never been in. Well done the volunteers who run it.