“Family Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Found out about this restaurant from a casual acquaintance, who said it was the best Fish and Chip place in Looe.
Went today for lunch and had: Whitebait, Garlic Crevettes, 3 x Cod and Chips and Scampi.
What an excellent lunch and the staff are so friendly as well. The price will not break the bank either and it has the advantages of a car park.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

I can not believe the down fall of such a great food outlet, always the favourite, one I recommended to friends and visitors, but not anymore. I have been a couple of times only this year as the food was so bad I thought I’d give it the benefit of the doubt being a local and knowing the main cook has been off due to illness. But the last visit on Saturday when my family travelled down to visit was the absolute worst ever. The fish was very, very greasy, the chips were like two day old chips cooked again! I have never tasted such awful fish and chips, and two adults and a child’s meal cost £20 may as well have put the money straight in the bin. Would not recommend and will never return.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

It is a shack tagged onto a takeaway .the floor is not level and not the warmest place to eat in December. But the fish and chips are really good the service is relaxed and prompt .the staff friendly and attentive can see why so popular my dad's favourite restaurant

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Absolutely delicious cod and chips!!! Best ever! Great quirky restaurant. Very helpful and friendly service. Love it - couldn't be better.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Visited the Cody Shack this afternoon for lunch with my husband and nan. Looks really small from the outside but i really like the way they have decorated inside.. it’s a real cosy/quirky place with uneven floors and decorated with ship sails!
All three of us had different mains and they were all gorgeous! I had the mussels and the sauce was perfect! They give generous portions for a pretty cheap price! The three of us had a main each and drinks for around £40! My husband and I live in London but will definitely be back next time we are down visiting nan!