Tencreek Holiday Park
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Sportsmans Arms(Menheniot)
View Hotel
All reviewssunbeam caravanon siteswimming poolholiday parkhard standingclean sitetalland bayon arrivalevening entertainmentkids clubgreat sitechildren and adultstake awayentertainment staffplay areamin drivelovely walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked to stay here with some trepidation having looked at previous reviews but got a package that included a ticket to Looe Music Festival so went for it.
Firstly I have to say that I have a camper so cannot comment on the condition of the caravans although they looked fine from the outside.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the pitch was one of the largest I have ever had with plenty of space for a large awning with room to spare. The grass was beautifully green and well trimmed.
The shower/toilet block was large and airy and clean, the showers are spacious and free to use with wash basins close by.
I made use of the free Wi-Fi in the clubhouse and got good speed as I could see only one other person making use of it; I suspect in the Summer it would slow down considerably with an increased amount of people using it but at least it is there.
I only ate breakfast in there opting for a bacon and egg bap and coffee which was reasonably priced and nice, I didn't get any food from the take out.
The indoor swimming pool looked clean and inviting and I was sorry not to have taken a costume with me.
I found out from a friend that this site has had a major revamp over the last two years and with the views, facilities and close proximity to Looe and Polperro, I thought it was delightful - so much so that I am considering a pitch for the whole Summer period next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2013

we had a 3 night stay with friends and were all pleasantly surprised. The caravan was modern and very clean with an excellent shower and full size oven. The park was well tended and quiet with a great view of the sea. would definitely use again

Room Tip: we had a caravan at the bottom of the site and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tencreek Holiday Park. Camping, well I was a little apprehensive but wow, the site was great. The pitch was very large even though we only had a medium size plot. The site was very clean, the shower block that we used again was very clean, with plenty of hot water. The entertainment was just as described. An all round great site and would recommend and use again.
The only thing, maybe the water could of been a little warmer in the indoor swimming pool, but the children didn't complain, just me !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We've been coming to Tencreek for the last 10 years and have always had a fantastic time, outstanding value for money. The staff are friendly, extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The caravans are modern, clean and in 10 years we've never had a bad one! There are lovely walks and plenty to do for the children, rain or shine, the on Park facilities and entertainment are brilliant. We would recommend it everytime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just got back from a week at tencreek. Small site but has all you need, only downfall was that the site was very quiet and therefore the clubhouse was only open in the evenings. Could do with a coffee shop or something for the daytime.

Including our 2 children, there was only 4 kids there in the evening for the kids entertainment but the 2 entertainers were brilliant and really tried hard. Charlotte the yellow coat was especially good with the children and the compere did his best at rallying up the people that were in the clubhouse in the evening.

We stayed in the Sunking premier caravan which was great, new and clean. No faults at all with the caravan, we did use the showerblocks on site as well as there were 8 of us staying in our van, they were some of the best showerblocks I have ever seen and had great family cubicles in there for people with young children.

Overall a small, compact site but with friendly staff and a great base to stay to visit looe and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family