“Gorgeous food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Came here for a quick bite to eat one evening during our holiday and was pleasantly surprised. The staff couldn't have been more attentive, the food was very tasty and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere and a great night! If we had of stayed longer in Looe we definitely would have visited again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

prices fine
but found rogan josh to bit a bit bland for my taste
maybe how locals like there curries

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I planned to get an indian takeaway for the last night of our holiday, so after finding the local takeaways and consulting TA we decided on this one. We arrived at 17:20 to find the door locked and a 'Closed' sign depite 3 customers already inside waiting for their orders...One of the customers told us they open at 17:30...So we went back at 17:30! We looked at the menu and ordered a couple of currys and some sides, the guy who served us was polite and helpful! When my partner went to pay we were a little shocked at the price (expensive) but thought if it's a good curry we don't mind paying a bit extra. Got it home and the dansak and bombay aloo wasn't too bad but the our lamb tikka masala and rice was awful and the poppadoms were stale!! Shame...Overpriced bland food.

1  Thank Jessieleigh1
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I eat here all the time with both friends & family. The serve the best curries & are always welcoming.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We are from the midlands so maybe weare spoilt by good quality indian food but when on holiday in looe we naively expectd the same quality. Luckily we didnt eat out at the moonlight as it was our first night and we were rushed so opted for a take away.

first failing... the bloke on the phone had very poor english skills... it was very difficult to get across what we were ordering..

second failing... no poppadoms or salad etc with the order? I would have ordered these had I known this was the case but where we are from you usually get them free so it never crossed my mind.

I had a chicken tikka massala because I settle for safe when I dont know the place . Upon opening the carton it just didnt look right. As I ate it it became obvious that this was a jar curry sauce (eg sharwoods / mr bens) I didnt say anything to my husband or extended family because they seemed to be enjoying theres so I suffered in silence. I hate jar sauces and they preservatives give me a headache which I got almost immediately.

when I had eaten all I could... my husband tried it and immediately said "thats like sharwoods sauces from a jar...thats vile" which confirmed what I thought. He said his was ok but not great .

maybe they just use jars when they are busy ? I certainly didnt expect that dismal a meal from the trip advisor reviews... but I guess when its the only curry house for miles it has to be the best one right ?

Wouldnt use again.