“grand daughters first holiday”

Trelawne Manor Holiday Park
Ranked #1 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Looe
lowestoft
“grand daughters first holiday”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having just come back from a weeks stay at Trelawne Manor Park.Although the weather was not very good we had a great week the children's entertainment was very good and the only problems we had was mattresses were lumpy and you could feel the springs.So not very comfortable, The radiators did not give out enough heat in the lounge/kitchen area.
The only thing that worried me was when we first arrived and and went for a meal our 18 months daughters meal was frozen this was changed (Fish and Chips ) we had a pizza with chips on the Friday before we left and that was cooked correctly so my advise would be to get sensor probes to test the temperature of the food before serving. The Park was tidy and clean and all the staff were pleasant and could not be more helpful

Room Tip: if you use a caravan choose a silver/gold more spacous
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how helpful and friendly the staff were. We pride ourselves on our family feel at John Fowler Holidays, and are delighted to have such loyal customers as yourselves.

Once again our entertainments team have been singled out for extra praise and there is no doubt that they deserve it. They are all doing a brilliant job this year and work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a great holiday.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Before arriving after our 4 hour trip I had pre paid to upgrade the accomodation to a ''silver apartment''. The stone steps upto the 2nd story apartment hardly ideal for little ones as they were very slippy in the bad weather.We walked into the apartment and straight away my 4 year old states ''there is a wierd smell mum'' which I wasnt going to say anything although yes it wasnt very nice.Very musty and Damp mixed with well whatever? The apartment itself was very dated could even be classsed as vintage retro id say. The work surfaces were burnt in patches
My husband checked the cleanlyness of the Fridge and needless to say he wasn't impressed.
I approached the office to check this was my upgrade to find that it was to my shock horror. what is the standard like? I was told that there was no other accomodation available and there was nothing they could do unless someone cancelled. Well needless to say the keys were handed back to the office and we swiftly left the place behind and claimed a refund.
The photographs on the website do not reflect this park at all. VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!
Staying here would have been more like a punishment than a holiday

Room Tip: Dont bother as even the upgrade is shocking
4 Thank linzimaylouise S
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
It is rare to get a poor review on this holiday park. If you read the other reviews you will see that the majority of people had a totally different experience.

Trelawne Manor Holiday Park has been awarded the prestigious Award of Excellence by Tripadvisor and this is the result of all the good feedback from our customers.

I am very sorry that the park was not to your taste and I am pleased to hear that the staff immediately recognised this and the matter was settled quickly and professionally.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have just arrived at the park and in caravan 77 which stinks of smoke and not very clean, I agree with MarkHolly's comments. I had noticed a few people comment on cleanliness but assumed it was the minority having this problem due to the comments from the staff at the park in response.

We phoned to try and ask to be moved but have been told its too late to do anything today. A long days travel and I just wanted a nice sleep on our first holiday in ages.

We have had to put one of the stools outside as the piping had come out of the cushion and presented a strangling hazard to our toddler. This is a very serious risk you don't expect to have to worry about on holiday.

We now have our entire family sleeping in the front room because the bedrooms are so smelly. What a shame.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank AndyStephens83
I am sorry the park was not to your taste but as you were able to see, it is a very popular place.

However, I am pleased to hear that the staff recognised your distress immediately and went out of their way to look after you and settle the matter quickly.
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned from a couple of days at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park and I cannot believe the majority of these reviews refer to the same park. Mr. Jennings, (Guest Relations Manager) before you tell me that the most guests enjoy their stay and find the accommodation perfectly acceptable, please pop round to No.87 and then tell me that this caravan is clean. The cleaner and checker who left their names on a sheet of paper in the caravan need to make a tad more effort. However it is possible that No.87 is beyond redemption.

I agree with another reviewer that the bar situated in the reception is an odd place for it to be. The atmosphere was awful, I am not too sure why anybody would want to go in there and have a drink. On the way out I also noticed that Sunday lunch is £7.95, I hope at this price it is good!

We stayed two out of our three nights and it is so nice to get home to our clean home.

We stayed at this park because it was reasonably close to the Eden project which is well worth a visit, as is Fowey and Polperro.

I am afraid that in my opinion this park is best avoided until some money is spent tidying it up. Maybe our caravan was just a bad one but reading the other reviews I see the pool is not in the best of states either.

Finally the Manor house itself is a beautiful building which unfortunately has been ruined by tacky signs. Money spent on improving this would I am sure be beneficial to the site as a whole.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room when booking. AVOID No. 87.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MarkHolly
Patrick_Jennings, Guest Relations Manager at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
It was such a shame to read your remarks regarding your stay at our holiday park when most of guests have a great time.

I shall be contacting you through the Tripadvisor messaging service and I feel sure that the matter will be settled to everyone’s satisfaction.
swindon
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stay here with my family we had a gold and sliver caravan also this was are 4th visit must say I think this year was the best so and we also booked for next year already adding a 3 caravan cause after this trip more family members want to come my 3 year old grandadson love it so much my daughter did try to buy all the sofe toys and the dressing glown lol also the stripey were great very welcoming and fun I did find last year stripey boring entertainment was ok did find the race night boring but over all we really enjoyed are stay also next year we be there for my grandson 4th birthday so I can't wait to come back x

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank stephanie/peter
Patrick_Jennings, Guest Relations Manager at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
What a lovely review! Thank you, we really appreciate it.

Your 5 star praise will mean so much to the managers, Duncan and Karen and their team at the park. They all work extremely hard to make everyone’s stay enjoyable.

Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

had a 3 night break through The Sun and didnt know what to expect but we were very pleased both with the park and accomodation even though it was only bronze as we had our dog with us ! Lovely setting with the beautiful old manor house nice and quiet couldnt hear any noise from the club like you can in some parks.Close to Looe and Polperro we will be back !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for leaving us such a fantastic review thank you, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed onto all departments.

Your praise will mean so much to the management and staff at the park. They all work extremely hard to make everyone’s stay enjoyable.

Our returning guests are so important to us and are the reason that we have been so successful for the past 60 years.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Have stayed in Looe a few times over the years and the accommodations has not always been great. This holiday park is situated about half way between Looe and Polperro and is really easy to find. The site is dog friendly and we stayed in a upgraded silver two bedroom caravan. The accommodation was really spacious with a good sized living area. The main bedroom was large and had its own toilet. The shower was spacious and the second bedroom could have been a double or a twin. It was very clean and had all the basics that were needed. The bedrooms were a little cold at night, but additional heating was available. The site was large, with indoor and outdoor pools, snooker room, entertainment area, fishing lake and a wooded area to walk the dog. The entertainment is situated away from the caravans, so you will not be kept awake with late night partying. The local bus stop is at the park gates with easy access to Looe and Polperro, but taxis are less that £10 to each location. The only problems was parking and the supplied quilts, there was no parking at the side of the caravan and the road filled up very quickly. There are additional parking areas, but this can be a little walk from the caravan. The problem is the tissue thin quits that was supplied will take our own next time. Overall this is a really nice site and we will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick_Jennings, Guest Relations Manager at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving us such a fantastic 5 star review, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed on to all departments.

Our returning customers are so important to us and regularly make up 50% of our visitors

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Looe
Talland Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Morval
Hannafore Point Hotel
Killigarth Manor Holiday Park
Tencreek Holiday Park

Been to Trelawne Manor Holiday Park? Share your experiences!