“its haunted”

Ranked #19 of 53 Looe B&B and Inns
penzance england
“its haunted”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

i stayed in room 5 that is def haunted,my phone was ring at different times in the night.my friend was haunted whilst in the gents toilet,and breakfast could have been more.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank ianPenzanceEngland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
penzance
Reviewed October 31, 2009

we stayed here for a weekend away myself and my two friends.I shared room 1 with a friend whilst my other friend had room 5 on his own at the other end of the pub in the oldest part.we had a fantastic time however there was some funny goings on for example my friend in room 5 had 3 calls from my phone at 5 o clock in the morning whilst i was asleep.I know it to be true because i saw the missed calls on his phone.the saturday night we were having a drink at the bar and one of my friends had a face of an old man with a crooked nose in the froth of his beer, he had a drink, disturbed his drink and the exact same face returned.The last night sunday the same friend went to the toilet he said the door slamed behind him and he heard somebody coughing behind him in the toilet.Finally when we went to bed about twelve ish ten minutes later my other friend who was in room 5 rang me and said he had just been to the toilet and he felt something that made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and refused to stay in there on his own consequently he slept in our room on the floor.please dont let this put you off because this is a fantastic pub with a superb atmosphere even iff it is a bit spooky we had a superb time here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank forrest14
roma
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We enjoyed this lovely pub, located in a very comfortable position. The old pub is situated just along the river. The owners were very helpful and the atmosfhere very familiar.. I surely suggest it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Hawsker, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We are still on cloud 9 from our visit to Looe and a most enjoyable stay at The Jolly. The room was more like an apartment and the bed was so comfy. Spotlessly clean, tea and coffee, satellite tv, big bathroom with a fantastic shower, comfy sofa and nice views.
The owners were friendliness personified and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was really tasty, fantastic bacon and sausages. The pub itself is wonderful. Very olde worlde and full of atmosphere. It's one of the oldest in Looe. They do sea shanties on a Tuesday and Thursday, have a good selection of ales, pool table in the family side of the pub and watch out for the water pistol when you're leaving!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and the price for our double room (£60) was a bargain. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple