“Simply awful”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Simply awful”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have never written a negative review but feel that I have to. My partner and I were really looking forward to lunch out but were left feeling extremely disappointed. All the surfaces were sticky. The wine by the glass was very poor - I didn't drink it. We both ordered the steak and mushroom pie. This appeared to be a reheated roast dinner with soggy roast potatoes and tasteless vegetables. The pie was not steak and mushroom but was actually steak and kidney. The pastry was soggy. Very disappointing. Needless to say we shall not be returning.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Amy L

“Would not go again”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We had 3 meals and 3 drinks, my soup I swear was Heinz Tomato soup with a bit of basil thrown in, tasted lovely but I like Heinz. My son had a chicken nugget kids meal which normally he wolfs down but he left most of it, the chips were dry possibly reheated and the chicken nuggets I couldn't really describe to be honest. My other half had the beef dinner a favourite of hers, but this was just average. Some of the food on the plate was lovely but some of it seemed reheated from yesterday. Not sure if this was the case just saying how it tasted!
The drinks nearly gave me a heart attack, they were £1.90 for a glass of coke, we ordered 3 (£5.70) I kind of expect drinks to be around that price in restaurants in honesty but then I also expect to get an adult size glass! We ended up with a glass (not a full glass mind) of coke each no bigger than what you would give a 3 year old!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Lukalog1
Somerset uk
“Real food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

When ever we are on holiday near Looe we love to visit Archies.
I love the fresh bowl of crab salad plentiful too.
Fresh fish & chips are delicious.
Very good value great portions especially the death by chocolate.
Not the smartest of places a bit dated but home cooked food makes it worth while.
Staff are very friendly & helpful.
Always busy when we been there.

• Visited September 2013
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Food great but service didn't match it”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The place looked nice and they had advertised a children's menu, however trying to get a pushchair in was impossible so had to leave this under the stairs. The food we had was very good and lots of it however the service wasn't brilliant - we felt like we were inconveniencing them and our waitress looked quite miserable - perhaps she was in the wrong job!

Visited September 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Really enjoyed this place. Yes the decor was a bit outdated like everyone has mentioned but I don't go in to look at the wallpaper.
The food was lovely and that was three different meals that we ordered and I tried all of them and they were stunning. Cannot rate the seafood as none of our party likes seafood.
The place was busy every time we went past, so we were glad to get a table anywhere in the place, window or doorway. We had no problems with the staff but there are bad apples in all industries.
It cost us £35 for two adult meals and a kids meal which I found reasonable so left a good tip, Well recommended

• Visited August 2013