“Great time”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Land's End
Millbrook, United Kingdom
“Great time”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Spent one night here on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast special. Arrived at the Land's End attraction and went straight to the Hotel Car park, which is free parking for guests. Checked in staff very helpful, although a porterage service would have been useful as no lifts. We had a superior room sea facing, great views and very comfortable room. Bed was very high, so that view could be appreciated whilst in bed. Could have done with a small step to help get up, but we had hysterics and lots of laughter with the climb. No good for anyone really short. We went to the visitors centre and were given a voucher for free entry to all the attractions. Luckily weather was great!! Hotel could really do with a spa, or beauty treatment room.
Food in restaurant was very good and well presented, lots of great fish on the menu. Local; produce was used so it was even better. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose sea views, room 24 was great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, Guest Relations Manager at The Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi Shelia! Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your dinner, bed and breakfast with us. I do agree that it would be better if we had a lift, however due to the age and listed status of the building we are rather limited with what we can do. We do always offer a portage service for guests, should they require a hand with their luggage. Please keep checking our website for new special offers, as we would love to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cholsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here on Sunday night before heading off for John O'Groats! The location is absolutely amazing as you would expect, and the rooms have great views as does the restaurant. I was in room 23 on the 2nd floor, and there is no lift but this wasnt a problem for me (but might be worth considering for older guests).
For the rate, I thought the room was a little small, but then again it had everything I needed for one night. It was very clean, and the ensuite was good and had a decent sized bath. Plenty of tea and coffee making facilities included (and hot chocolate which is always good!). Bed was comfortable, and there was ample wardrobe space.
Had dinner in the restaurant which was great (except the 'chips' with my scampi which were more like overcooked McDonald's fries) and the restaurant staff were efficient and friendly. The soup (tomato and basil) was amazing.
Check out was easy, and the night porter (I left before reception opened at 8) was helpful and friendly.
vOverall, a good stay and I wouldnt hesitate to come back.

• Stayed July 2013
Lisa C, Guest Relations Manager at The Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Greetings from Land’s End! Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your stay with us. We hope we can welcome you back again very soon. For special offers keep an eye on our website and Facebook page!
Cornwall
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Downstairs and reception has been refurbished and is lovely but the room was very disappointing and dated- the back of the cheap pine wardrobe was falling out. Food in restaurant was delicious but small portions- only four chunky chips with the steak. Staff were very slow and not particularly polite. This hotel could be amazing but it needs a lot more attention paid to its guests.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KateHCornwall
Lisa C, Guest Relations Manager at The Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Kate! Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I’m surprised to hear that you found our staff ‘slow and not particularly polite’. We really pride ourselves on our customer care and service, as you will see from our previous reviews. I hope that you will return to Land’s End soon and experience the warm welcome and care that our other guests comment on. However I shall pass your comments onto our restaurant manager who will ensure our high standards are maintained.
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My family paid for a night at the hotel as a treat for my 40th birthday. Had a fantastic time. Room was dated, but very clean, with a very comfortable bed, in fact my husband who normally only manages around 4-5 hrs a night, slept straight through! Really good shower too, just a shame the bathroom was a bit tatty. Lovely breakfast with plenty of choice and fantastic views from the lovely restaurant. Staff very friendly and of course the setting is spectacular. Had a lovely, lovely time.

Newquay, United Kingdom

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Sue B759! Thank you for leaving your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over your 40th birthday. I’m pleased that your husband slept well on our comfy beds! Please do come and visit us again soon, we look forward to seeing you.
Gomersal, West Yorkshire
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked one of the Premier Rooms, so paid a bit more. Booked this nearly 12 months earlier and I did say upon booking that I wanted a seaview room. The receptionist said that they were going to be modernising the upstairs during Winter 2012, so I was expecting the room to be as modern as they had made the down stairs (which is really lovely now by the way !) The view from the room was fabulous, clear views across to the Scilly Isles and Longships Lighthouse. I was a bit disappointed with the room's decor, although my husband thought it was fine. The carpet was obviously brand new and very clean, but the wallpaper / paint did not look to be fresh and was very 90's as was the orange coloured pine furniture. The bathroom was in need of an update with chips or cracks on the sink, bath AND toilet ....... not what you'd expect for a premier room at the price we paid. I could live with all that but the bug bear for me was the platform on which they'd put the bed. I'm 5ft 6inches and had to clamber onto the bed like a toddler would. It was quite high off the floor and as the bed base was nearly touching the floor, there wasn't enough room to step up onto the platform and then onto the bed as your feet couldn't fit under the bed and the platform wasn't much wider than the bed itself. My husband had to climb onto the bed, but cracked up laughing as I attempted to get on and off it. Don't forget about the drop if you use the loo in the middle of the night as it's a long way down. I asked the receptionist if it was actually a Premier Room that we were in as I honestly thought that we'd been allocated to a standard room. She explained that the bed was specifically on this platform so you could sit in bed and see the sea. Personally I would have preferred just to have a bed I could get in and out of easily. Elderly people would struggle. The TV, coffee table and 2 chairs are also on a similar platform by the window. Overall though, the hotel was good. The staff were lovely, helpful and very friendly. The evening meal and breakfasts were excellent. Best meals we had whilst staying in Cornwall. (Most expensive too, but it is a lovely place and you got good tasting food). We would definately come back, but would opt for a cheaper room next time.

Room Tip: No lifts, but the hotel does state this because of the Hotel's age.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FannyFanackerpants
Greetings from Land’s End! Many thanks for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that you were told on booking that the upstairs would be redecorated over winter 2012. As you should be aware we are operating under a completely new management team, and as far as I am aware there never were any plans for a refurbishment last winter. Therefore I can only apologise for the disappointment caused by the previous staff here. That said, we are still planning to continue with our renovations upstairs. We are hoping that work will begin this winter, but at present are unsure how far this will go. As there is a lot of work we would like to do, it may be only small steps each winter. I am also sorry to hear that your bed was too high, we do describe our premier rooms as having either a four poster bed or raised bed that you can see out to sea on. Had you let us know you were not happy with the room assigned to you, we would happily have offered you an alternative room if available.
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, and shall pass you compliments onto the chef and our staff. Although our premier rooms are only £10 per person per night more than the standard rooms, we are still extremely competitively priced, especially for a seafront hotel in a location like ours. Please do check our website for special offers that give you even more value for money. We very much look forward to you staying with us again, and hope to welcome you back soon.
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Basic room but very clean. Trickle of a shower as others have mentioned. Heavy smokers beneath us forced us to close our windows so we didn't breathe their heavy cigarette smoke, which made the room stuffy. Restaurant was delicious with spectacular ocean view and sunset.

1 Thank graciouslivinguk
Thank you for your review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and meal in our restaurant. Sorry to hear that people were smoking beneath your window. I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Land's End
#1 of 4 in Penzance
The Queens Hotel
The Queens Hotel
#3 of 4 in Penzance

Been to The Land's End Hotel? Share your experiences!