“return visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Land's End
staffs
“return visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is our second stay at the Landsend Hotel-we stayed the same time last year.I am pleased to say that this years stay was even better.It was the staff that made it-lovely local girls(and guys!) for whom nothing was too much trouble.The breakfast staff were very lovely-as were the cleaning staff.Service was very quick at the bar-even when it was very busy at peak times-well done.
Didn`t eat at the evening due to lack of vegetarian choice for myself-but had lunch on several occasions which was very good.Super room -great bedFfireworks and the live bands on the Tuesday and Thursday were excellent.Hope this standard continues-already looking forward to next year !!

1 Thank StaffsClak
RS1989, Front Office Manager at The Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Greetings from all of us here at Land’s End.

I would like to thank you for such a kind review, and have passed on your lovely comments to all the members of staff! However, we have also taken on board the feedback with regards to the lack of vegetarian choice on the dinner menu and now include a varied choice from our specials menu. As return guests, I’m so glad you’ve noticed all the positive changes we have been making in the last year, Land’s End is definitely on the up! Have a look online at the beginning of summer 2013 for special offers and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rosie Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The location really makes this hotel, but you must have a sea view room to make it perfect. The food was very good, staff more than willing to help and with free access to the amusements it makes it a good option with lots to do. The coastal walks along the rugged cliffs are breathtaking, this has to be one of my favourite locations in the UK.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RS1989, Front Office Manager at The Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Greetings from all of us here at Land’s End. I do agree we are lucky to be in such a unique location, with amazing sea views over Longships Lighthouse and towards the Isles of Scilly. Our guests regularly remark on what an ideal spot we are in to explore the far south west of Cornwall along the coast path on both the north and south coasts. I do hope that you take advantage of our autumn special offers and visit again – we do get some amazing winter storms that are just perfect to watch from our Restaurant with a cream tea!

Kettering
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was my second visit so I was able to appreciate the re-furbishment downstairs. I had a room with a full sea view which was clean, spacious and very comfortable. I thought the decor was fine, giving off a pleasant atmosphere. I'm not sure why the bed had to be quite so high, however. I struggled getting into bed with my little legs (I didn't think I was all that short before my holiday) and I think the bathroom could have done with a little updating. Just two small gripes which in no way spoiled our stay. The room was nice and quiet and we had no disturbance from any neighbouring guests. The staff were all great!! I could see how hard they all worked and they did their utmost to give us a quality service in which they succeeded. The food in the restaurant was very tasty and always served with a smile. We were made to feel welcome and I will be visiting again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from all of here at Land’s End. We always like welcoming our guests back for another visit so I’m especially pleased you can see the “before” and “after” of our refurbishment. With regards to the bed, I think the idea behind the small raised level is so guests are high enough to enjoy the amazing view first thing in the morning. There are plans in motion to update the rooms as well, including the bathrooms, so hopefully you can be pleasantly surprised on another return visit. In addition, thank you so much for your kind comments about the staff – we all genuinely enjoy working here so I’m glad that is conveyed in our service to you. Have a look online for further special offers, and I wish you the very best for the future.

Kind regards,

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I got married in July 2004 at this hotel. what a fantastic wedding we had. Food was brilliant, staff ever helpful, the accomodation for us and the guests was outstanding and the atmosphere in the setting was unforgetable! I recently stayed there for a weekend with a dear friend of mine and although I was surprised at the modern decor of the reception, lounge, bar and restaurant, the ambiance is the same. The restaurant food is presented as if it were a Michelin Star restaurant, and it looked and tasted as if it was. Congratulations for this. The room ( a part sea view twin bedded room) was clean and comfortable. I reported to reception that the room was too hot and I was presented with a fan for the room. Problem sorted!. My friend and myself are both disabled so could not walk far, but the views and "people watching" passed our time there!
We will definately be going back soon. Can't wait to eat that juicy fillet steak again!

Room Tip: There is no lift at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from all of us here at Land’s End, and thank for such a kind review. I’m so glad we were able to create more wonderful memories, and you especially enjoyed the food. We have recently had some changes in our kitchen team, and so I shall definitely pass on your kind comments as they are working hard to design new menus. We are looking at improving our accessibility access so keep an eye on our website for updates and special offers – we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed overnight. Pleasant room, good evening meal and breakfast. Breakfast a little slow on some items but very good once cooked and arrived. Weather very good on the day so the views were excellent. Hotel close enough but far enough away from the touristy parts as you come in to Lands End.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from all of us here at Land’s End. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, and agree we are in a fabulous location! Have a look online for our special offers for the rest of the year, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel website looked nice but it didn't quite appear so when we arrived. I was rather disappointed. As in the other reviews the reception/restaurant appear to have had a makeover however the rooms were a bit dated. The decor didn't bother me however it's the cleanliness that wasn't up to scratch. The room looked like it hadn't been dusted for about a month as there was a thick layer of dust everywhere. The toilet was poo stained. The shower was like a trickle of water. Luckily I wasn't washing my hair there or it would take several hours to rinse it. I also had to fit the loose light bulb myself so I could switch the lamp on. On a positive note the restaurant was great. Fab food both dinner and breakfast. I recommend the pink champagne! Amazing views. The hotel have offered a complimentary upgrade next time we go.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Olenka22
RS1989, Front Office Manager at The Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Greetings from all of us here at Land’s End.

As we have been in touch directly through the Hotel Reception, I can only apologise again for the problems you encountered, and do assure that this was completely unacceptable. However, I shall pass on your kind comments to our Restaurant and Kitchen team, and definitely agree about the pink champagne!
Have a look on our website at our autumn special offers so we can offer you an even better deal on your return.

ipswich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

An excellent stay, had a partial sea view room so can only speak for that one, although a little small was very snug, extremely comfortable bed, decor though not top notch and a little dated was fine, some people live to complain, hey get a life!. The hotel itself looked to have had a recent makeover (though I would have prefered a more oldey world type charm) it certainly looked as though it had been brought into the 21st century. Ate in the restaurant and had a superb meal with equally superb veiws. I found all the staff that I came in contact with very friendly and helpful. From some of the reviews I've read I think some people just live to find fault and nothing would satisfy them. Price wise I thought the rooms, meals and drinks were very reasonable especially compared to other places we stayed at whilst down here, only overpriced thing I thought were the cream teas.
I look forward to returning someday.

Room Tip: worth spending the extra to have a sea view
Greetings from all of us here at Land’s End.

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and would like to thank you for putting some of the other reviews into perspective! We have tried to keep our rates as reasonable as possible, especially as we source our produce locally and everything is freshly made as far as possible. With regards to the cream teas, I would have hoped that you received the 25% discount voucher that we include for resident cream teas, and so I will ensure all of the Reception team are giving these out on check in. We look forward to welcoming you back one day, make sure you have a look on our website for our new Autumn special offers and would definitely recommend a full seaview room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Land's End
#1 of 4 in Penzance
The Queens Hotel
The Queens Hotel
#3 of 4 in Penzance

Been to The Land's End Hotel? Share your experiences!