“Great view, great food, lovely service. Can only complain about the weather”

Harbourside Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Alas it hadn't stopped raining on the day we booked lunch here. Perhaps that's why it wasn't so busy and they could seat us by the picture window with a great view of the harbor. The weather did make for a range of different views, but an excellent lunch made up for it.
From the disaster of the previous day (see previous post) to the splendor of great food and service was a very welcome change. The only grumble was our son's fish cakes were a little too salty. We managed 3 courses with coffee and left full and without a hole in our pocket. Would definitely consider this place if in Falmouth.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I visited here for lunch and bottle of wine just before Easter. The food was delicious and the view was spectacular. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable lunch here and will definitely visit again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to The Green Bank for a meal in the restaurant, there was 4 of us, we had a voucher that you buy for £25 and get £50 of credit to spend on food and drink, my friends ordered the steak which when it came I couldn't stop starring at it, it was the smallest piece of steak I have ever seen, I have seen bigger beef burgers my self and my husband had different dishes and these where also extra small portions, we where all still hungry when we left and I have never had that after a meal, the thing is we are all locals but I wouldn't reccommend the restaurant and will most definately not be going back, we all thought it was because we had a voucher and wasn't paying full price because all other diners where sat at the other end of the room so we couldn't see there portion sizes, I don't know if we where treated different but if this is normal I would advise you not to go. What bit of food we had was tasty except for the steak which looked like a bit of shoe leather. I have been to weddings and functions here and the food was much better then,
The good points where the staff where all friendly and very polite and we had good service and
they gave us a free taster starter and some chocolate truffles after.We still left a tip but that was more for the waiting staff than for the food, and it still cost an extra £62 pounds as well as our £50 voucher but this did include four drinks.

1  Thank ladybugcornwall
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went today for a birthday lunch (afternoon tea). The location is amazing, sadly nothing else was great ;0(

Coffee was sent back twice for being too cold, and sadly arrived 30mins before the food, which was average at best. Not the best quality bread (a little stale, or left out for too long?) for sandwiches and literally so slavered in butter I thought it was cheese to start with.

The scones were great but the jam runny like water. We had to ask for plates 3 times, only to be told there was a shortage(!) In a hotel no less. Water was requested at least twice.

Overall I would have expected a LOT better quality for the price and service was dreadful! Such a shame!!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The restaraunt overlooks Falmout Bay and has a lovely atomsphere with very attentive staff, so I persuaded my sister to stop off so we could have coffee with a lovely view. But then dicided to try the light lunch in the restaraunt. Ordered chips and the feta salad (not the side salad). I think the chef had been watching the Master Chef programmes and took portion sizing to the extreme. When the feta salad came with a line of rocket salad leaves in one straight line, 3 cubes of feta cheese and 4 pumpkin seeds dotted on a six inch rectangular plate, we wanted to laugh and ask if it was a joke. But the waitress and the chap serving the tea were so attentive and serious and I didn't want to spoil our lovely Falmouth afternoon. In hindsight I wish I had said something because this is the sort of thing tourists would not come back for. Prices for mains, portions for sides. Who would pay once let alone twice.? I can't see how any chef can justify the portions.

However, you really can't fault the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff.