Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Fabulous experience!

We had the pleasure of joining Captain Keith and his two crew on Sunday 19 May 2019. We booked with... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
emmawE729DH
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Amazing day cruise!

We went on a 7 hour cruise with Capt. Keith and his crew. The whole experience was fab. There was a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen N
Bath, United Kingdom

All reviews common dolphins captain keith harbour porpoise minke whale free spirit hour trip sea birds his enthusiasm peregrine falcon grey seals storm petrels saw seals blue fin tuna fantastic trip birds including their natural habitat bow wave
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Captain Keith was a brilliant guide and did his upmost to find all the wildlife he could find us, often powering the boat at speed to any potential action! We were lucky enough to see common dolphins, harbour porpoise and a variety of seabirds and a seal. This trip is a must if you're visiting Falmouth and captain Keith is the perfect guide. Book yourself a seat, its an amazing expierence.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Formula for Joy? Pick a nice day and go search the seas with Captain Keith! Capt Keith’s enthusiasm is contagious and genuine. it reminds us of Steve Irwin.

As you would expect from a knowledgable guide, we were taken to all the right spots to see wonderful things. The cost (quite reasonable) is immaterial to the pleasure to be had.

The Captain of AK Cruises has a genuine feeling for the Fal. He is able to communicate very well with everyone and is considerate of each person aboard; their safety and needs, as well as their interests.

Very impressed!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

We went on a 4 h trip on August 24. We briefly saw three pods of porpoises and near the end of the trip, dolphins close by and a minke whale as well as seals and many birds, including a nesting peregrin falcon. We were lucky to be invited to the bow of the boat (there is not enough space for everyone) to watch a dolphin mother and baby underneath. Keith is an extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide, and managed to avoid several rain showers on the way, so we stayed reasonably dry inspite of rather wet and windy conditions. My 12 year-old daughter had long wanted to see some dolphins, so that was the highlight of her vacation, not to mention the whale!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

We got in touch with Captain Keith after he’d been recommended to us by the people who owned the holiday cottage we were staying at.
We were flexible with dates and Captain Keith reserved us 5 spaces for a 3 hour trip on the afternoon of Monday 3rd of September.
Communication was fantastic through out the booking process and we very much looked forward to our trip!

The day came and it did not disappoint. Although the weather was drizzly when we set off, once we were out at sea it seemed to clear and the boat was full of anticipation.

Captain Keith, what a character! He is so passionate and so knowledgable and it’s very nice to know he takes safety and balancing his boat very seriously.

I’m very happy to report we saw several pods of porpoise, a large pod of common dolphins and a couple of seals during our trip. There were plenty of sea birds too but I was really only looking at those diving Gannets!
Watching them race and swarm to an area flying along side us was crazy and just as impressive as the porpoise we found beneath them!
3 hours passed by very quick and before we knew it we were sadly heading back in.

Yes we did get wet, so do dress sensibly like Captain Keith advises. We personally found it funny and just part of the experience that the waves came crashing over the sides as we sped towards the large group or circling Gannets.

We had a fantastic afternoon and made some very special memories.
I’d definitely book again if we find ourselves back in the area.

Thanks for having us Captain Keith!

1  Thank 882rachelw
Reviewed September 5, 2018

We have been following Keith's posts on Facebook for some time and have been looking forward to accompanying him on a trip. Unfortunately having injured myself in April I have had to wait some time before I was fit to get on a boat. Well, in September it has been worth the wait. Living in Cornwall all my life and having spent a lot of time on the water I was prepared to accept what nature would throw at us and accept that sometimes you cannot guarantee sightings of ceteceans or sharks and you have to accept the sea conditions as they come. Well, it was a lovely day, cooler out in the bay but very sunny. A bit choppy but not a problem. Captain Keith met the group of ten and offered any assistance I might require with my wonky leg. As it happened I made the long(ish) walk along the pontoons to the boat with no assistance and we set off. The first thing I must say is that having been on wildlife spotting trips before and having long periods of silence from the guides and unintelligible PA systems I was pleasantly surprised that I could hear every word (oh yes, my hearing isn't that great either). Keith gave a running commentary on everything we could see, pointing out the different birds and explaining their life and migration patterns. He also gave a passionate explanation of the dangers and changes facing the world due to global warming, plastics and other human influences. OK, I accept some people don't find that interesting but I do. Hopefully some of the passengers will leave the boat more enlightened than they were before. During the trip we saw a few seals and loads of porpoises, beautiful animals they are. On the return trip a minke whale was spotted. Unfortunately due to my position on the boat I couldn't see it. Oh well.
To sum up Keith's wildlife trips are, in my opinion, unmissable. We will be going back for more. I note a very small number of reviews complain about weather or lack of sightings but that happens. I would still enjoy the ride and Keith's well-informed conversation anyway. If that's not for you go for a film at the cinema followed by a MacAwfuls burger. You don't know what you are missing.
Sorry I have no photos, when I put the memory cards in my laptop the pictures and videos were useless. My busted leg must be affecting my photographic abilities.

2  Thank Perren4