Ivanhoe Guesthouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Falmouth
See available hotels
Madeira Hotel(Falmouth)
The Grove Hotel(Falmouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade jamskedgereeb bsmall fridge in the roomguest housefresh milkhome from homeeasy walking distanceenglish breakfastexcellent breakfastvisiting falmouthstay there againnothing is too much troublefantastic hostswarm welcomelocal areafront of the house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

From the moment I phone for a room I am struck by the genuine friendliness and attention to detail. Donna picks me up from the station and soon settles me in with enough local information to see me right. Staying for 3 nights on my own and the room is clean, bright and warm with a very comfortable double bed and a sea view. Such a grand choice of hot drinks that I can make in my room, and even fresh milk in a small fridge. The breakfast menu is very comprehensive and Gill's home made preserves are to die for with a glorious selection of 4 different marmalade's and 9 jams. The whole ambiance is one of care and attention to detail and I feel very welcomed and comfortable. I am in Falmouth visiting my daughter and she also is made to feel extremely welcome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol O
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our family group of 10, spanning three generations, stayed here for two nights to attend a family wedding at the Falmouth Hotel, which is close by. Not only was the accommodation perfect for our requirements, but the standard of the facilities, the breakfasts and the overall welcome were superb. Everything is fresh and crisp and spotlessly clean; the excellent breakfasts are cooked to order with every variation you could want (plus a choice of home made jams); there's an attractively furnished sitting room for residents; and best of all, Donna and Gill are so friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for more. Nothing was too much trouble, whether it was supplying champagne glasses for our pre-dinner bottle of bubbly, or taking group photos for us.

It's only a short walk from the sea and the town centre, and there's easy parking on the street just outside.

Many of the wedding guests stayed at the Falmouth Hotel, but we had the better deal. Look no further, this is the place to stay in Falmouth!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a great 3 night stay at Ivanhoe, Donna and Gill are so welcoming and friendly, making you feel right at home in their lovely B&B.The whole place was very clean and fresh, as soon as you walked in you could tell they take great care over their home. We had a large double, family sized room with ensuite which was lovely and we found the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was by far the best breakfast we've experienced at a B&B, such a variety and all excellent. We can especially recommend the pancakes, kedgeree and creamy mushrooms. Gill also makes amazing jam and marmalade and you can chose from the wide variety available to have on your toast. They also gave recommendations for places to eat and visit and we tried a few of these during our stay, all of which were really good. Ivanhoe is only a short walk to the centre of Falmouth so it's in a great location. Donna and Gill really went out of their way to make our stay so comfortable, even doing us an early breakfast on the day we had an activity planned at 9am. Cannot recommend this place highly enough, we will definitely be back if we come to Falmouth again, if you're looking for a B&B in Falmouth this is the place to stay. Thanks again Donna and Gill!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is certainly a great place to stay, excellent in so many ways. I will be recommending this to teaching colleagues and their families when I return to school after the summer break.
It is excellent value for money - if anything its under priced.
The welcome you receive when you arrive is very warming. Jill and Donna's hospitality is second to none. The guest house is spotlessly clean throughout, and it is adorned by lovely works of art that Jill has created. Jill and Donna are a great team who clearly like all their guests to have an enjoyable and restful stay. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them and they cater and tailor to each individual staying in their home. Great location. Excellent and extensive breakfast available. A delight and pleasure to have been here - and I will return!

Room Tip: Anywhere in this building is good. Even single room is great - despite not having an en suite this is no problem at all. Toilet is either next to, or a very short distance away. Plus you only share that with one other person. Very nice bathroom and shower as well to share.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends