“Really Friendly”

Ranked #88 of 229 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open for Breakfast from 8am...Bangers with a Twist is a family friendly restaurant that offers a full gourmet Hot Dog and Burger dining experience. All of our sausages and burgers are handmade on the premises using local ingredients, supplied by Cornish butchers and food and drink suppliers. Bangers offers a wide range of hotdogs including the 'Bangers Dog' which is based upon a traditional pork Lincolnshire sausage, 'The Goodfella' which is a real italian style lamb sausage through to the Snoopy Dog for our vegetarian customers. All hotdogs come with their own unique ingredients and toppings. All details and a full list of our Hot Dogs can be found on the Menu. Bangers is fully licensed and offers a range of wine, lagers, Cornish Ciders and Alcoholic Ginger beer. Along with a range of Cornish Orchard soft drinks...Coca Cola and more. All varieties of Coffees are served along with a range of teas and hot chocolate. Come and dine in either our ground floor restaurant or relax in the 'BASEMENT' or sunny walled garden. Great food, music, Art, books and more....
Hollywood
“Really Friendly”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Super new cafe/bistro on split level, with great friendly staff/owners. Quirky and smarter than many others in Falmouth

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great Food, Friendly and fast service.
We stumbled across Bangers with a twist and we were glad we did, I had the spicy sausage my wife had the one with goats cheese and my 3 girls had the kids deal. Overall we were happy with our meals and we had 5 clean plates (or baskets) We are back down in Cornwall in 7 weeks so will be back for sure.

Next time I will have the pulled pork!!!

Friendly people (well only to be expected from staffs people as we are too) Great idea and sure to catch on, good luck with your new venture hope all goes well, we will be back. :-)

Alan and Louise

Truro, United Kingdom
“Really Good”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my hot dog - I can't remember the name but it was a lamb sausage with italian herbs which was delicious and it was so nice to have so many non-pork options as I don't eat it, and I was so worried when my boyfriend suggested we went there that I'd have a vegetarian option and that was it! Really nice, drinks were really well priced. Would definitly order a portion of chips as well though, maybe some kind of combo meal deal would be good?

Also, don't be put off sitting at the school desks in the corner, actually quite a nice place for a couple to sit!

But yes, overall really pleased and look forward to coming back again soon :))

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely owners but very disappointing ”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked through the door the owners were amazing, friendly and warm. They cannot be faulted on their welcoming hospitality and I do feel really bad writing a negative review for their restaurant :-( however I feel compelled to write something in the vain hope they take on board some of my pointers as constructive criticism.....
I was very disappointed in what you get for the price, I paid £7.95 for a sausage in a bun with lettuce. This is just not acceptable as I was barely full and didn't want to pay extra for chips. I did ask for onion relish (which cost £1.25) and I am so glad I did as I don't think I could of eaten the hot dog without it as the sauce that came with it was practically non existent and it was very dry.
It was also served in a basket which made it very hard to eat or cut in half and I think it would have been easier on a board or plate.
The meat in the sausage was nice and I get what they are trying to do, but it's just not working.
I have eaten at a vast number of restaurants, cafés, and hotels all over Cornwall and there are many excellent, innovative places where they try something new, with a twist, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't mind 'different' but what really annoys me is paying over the odds for a poor amount of food, at the very least you should feed your customers well.
I shall not be going back to your restaurant, but this is not a problem as there are many excellent places to eat in Falmouth.
Please take on board the things people have said, as I really want you to do well.

3 Thank Katie833
Dean P, Owner at Earth and Sea, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
I am sorry that you were not happy with your recent visit to Bangers and that your meal was not as expected.
Like any establishment if you feel unhappy with your meal we would really appreciate the opportunity to be able to resolve the issue at the time, however i will endevour to respond the best i can.
When you visited we had been open less than a week and can confirm that your comments have been taken on board and hopefully these have been corrected.

We are now serving our food on plates rather than in the baskets we originally used and we also now include either fries, salad or bulgur wheat with all of our hot dogs, pulled pork and other dishes, therefore increasing our portion sizes to help fill you up. We are also now adding extra sauce as toppings.
In addition to these we are also now offering 15% discount to all students, therefore helping keep the cost even more affordable to our resident students.
We have received some amazing feedback on the concept we are trying to introduce into Falmouth and hopefully will constructive feedback we will be a name of the high street for years to come.

I hope that these changes may help sway you to try us again in the future

Many thanks
Dean
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Average flavour and pricey for what it is!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Didn't think much of my sausage, not very warm, goats cheese was practically non existent. We all thought it was very expensive for what it was.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jane P
Dean P, Owner at Earth and Sea, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for your review.
Due to the fact that all of our sausages are made on the premises using only natural ingredients, including natural skins and not synthetic on occasion some customers may find the taste slightly different to that of an off the shelf product.
We are now serving our food on plates rather than in the baskets we originally used and we also now include either fries, salad or bulgur wheat with all of our hot dogs, pulled pork and other dishes.
We have also increased the temperature that our hot dogs are being served at. I can confirm that the previous temperatures used were to the required levels.

I hope that these changes may help sway you to try us again in the future