“Excellent Food”
Review of Wildebeest - CLOSED

Wildebeest
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wildebeest is a recently-opened vegan restaurant situated in the bustling harbour town of Falmouth, Cornwall. You'll find a warm and friendly environment, an exciting menu using the freshest ingredients, delicious drinks and sweet treats. Our vibrant, diverse dishes draw inspiration from around the world - we want to share the food and drink that we love, so at Wildebeest you can enjoy everything from noodle soups and quesadillas to cupcakes and cocktails. Everything we serve is vegan, but our aim is to delight herbivores and carnivores alike! Please note that our kitchen is open from 5.30-9pm on Mon, Thurs, Fri and Sat.
Berkshire
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a light bite, friendly staff, very tasty vegetarian food & this comes from a meat eater, washed down with a carrot, apple & ginger juice. All good, would highly recommend.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gavin19

Falmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible food and friendly service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

As a lactose intolerant vegetarian I was very excited about a vegan cafe opening in Falmouth and it didn't disappoint. The tabbouleh with roast aubergine was just amazing and the chilli was really delicious. Hands down one of the best meals I've ever eaten, the food here is absolute art. I will be back for more!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank NiamhW899
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Delicious vegan food”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here for dinner and enjoyed it so much I came back for lunch the next day. Food is really delicious, the pear and cardamom ice cream was particularly good. Rose, the owner, is lovely. It's a good place with a big window for people watching if you're here on your own. Great pictures on the walls too.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank T A
Deepest Surrey
“Delicious food, pristine spot”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were passing through Falmouth and stopped for lunch, not even realising that the restaurant was vegan. The choice was very small - there were only 2 main courses available - but the food was beautiful and delicious. The mango, banana and coconut smoothie was especially lush.

Service is kind and gentle but quite slow; I know they have only been open a few weeks so they have plenty of time to up their game before the busy season really starts!

A lovely new restaurant and we wish them well.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JaneShorney
Truro, United Kingdom
“Best Vegan Food I have EVER eaten (I am a Meat Eater and I love it)”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I' d been following Wildebeest for ages waiting for them to open as loved the mouthwatering photos that were being uploaded to their Facebook page and website.
Visited 2 weeks ago and had the most amazing Banana, coconut, mango and maple syrup smoothie, oh my it was delicious. I am also a huge fan of miso soup so had to give that a go and it was lovely and the seaweed salad that accompanied it was beautiful, loved the pickled dressing.

I also asked Rose that same day if she would host our 'Cornwall's Potluck Club' meetup for the following week which she agreed to on our very low budget. I would just like to say that Rose and Josh went all out for us that evening, our members loved the food and the kind hospitality. I am not a vegan but you have to try these guys food, it is absolutely flavorsome, and amazing what they can do. I had the best Muhammara dip I have ever eaten and the home-made bread that it comes with is gorgeous. The re-fried bean molote with cashew cheese and salsa was soo good. Their peanut chocolate cupcakes are also to die for.

I take my hats off to this young entrepreneurial couple, they are going to do very well in Falmouth and I look forward to seeing them succeed. Now I look forward to their vegan sushi night this Sunday.

• Visited March 2014