“Stunning”
Review of Eden House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Eden House
Ranked #55 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in June. It is located 2 mins walk from the beach and was built by the owners specifically as a guest house with 2 beautiful rooms on the ground floor. Our hosts were such lovely people and so welcoming and friendly. We stayed in the garden room at the back which led onto a small secluded and very pretty garden area. The room was large by any standards with a lovely en-suite bathroom. Every need was catered for with special attention to every minute detail including books, brochures and maps of the local area, large warm towels (not the usual medium ones that dont fit round an average body!!!) and toiletries all provided. The bed was very comfortable with lovely white linen and soft fluffy pillows; we slept very well indeed. One thing which is almost always overlooked is a dressing table with plug point for the ladies, but this was also provided, together with fresh milk in a bar fridge (instead of the usual long life cartons). Makes tea and coffee taste that much better especially with the locally home made biscuits which were also provided.
The breakfast, served upstairs, was delicious and I particularly recommend the Creamed Mushrooms on Toast as an alternate to the traditional English which was also perfectly cooked. All in all a fantastic stay. Many thanks we will certainly be back!!
Sara and Michael

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have the room at the rear of the house which has bath and shower facilities...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SaraCapeTown

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Eden House is situated on the quiet, scenic side of Falmouth, only 50 yards from the beach. It is a modern house, our room having a double shower as part of the immaculate en suite facilities. There is ample secure parking. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly owners. The excellent breakfast was served in the spacious dining room.
PLEASE NOTE, EDEN HOUSE MUST NOT BE CONFUSED WITH THE SIMILAR NAMED PROPERTY FEATURED IN A TV PROGRAMME THAT WAS SCREENED RECENTLY.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CheshireArtie
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Owners are a very nice, hospitable couple. Good advices what to visit and which restaurants. The room was splendid and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We have stayed in Eden House twice and would stay again. It is the best luxury B&B I have found in Falmouth. The breakfast is more than excellent; you get everything you could ever want for breakfast. John and Patsy are fantastic people who make you feel more than welcome in their fabulous home.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Fantastic place to stay, vary nice room,very clean,excelent breakfast,and very near the beach,will def go again,,,

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Falmouth was my first choice when I was planning my trip, but there are many lodgings to choose from, so I turned to TripAdvisor.com. In fact, I relied on TA for my entire trip. I'm glad I did.

I arrived at Eden House early Fri. evening 22 Aug and prepared to stay a week. I would gladly have stayed longer if I hadn't had other plans. And the weather would have cooperated. Regardless, Eden House was the right choice.

As the other reviewers have said, the food was fabulous. Patsy spoiled me with her beautiful settings, fresh fruit and juice every morning. John, I'm your slave, if you'll keep making me sausages.

I had a very comfortable and large room with a double bed, sitting area, double closet, fridge with tea, hot chocote, and coffee makings [plus sugars and cold milk] and biscuits. Patsy refreshed these daily when she came in to make up the room

The bathroom is larger than mine at home with a wonderful shower. I didn't even have to climb over a bathtub, thank heavens. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but have included a few pictures.

Yet more pluses of Eden House: it's a short walk to a main road where you'll find bus stops on both sides of the street. Across the street is one of many beaches and gardens in the area. You can see the coast, if it's clear day. As you cross Stracey [a narrow lane], on your left is St. Michael's Spa and Hotel, then another hotel where I had dinner on two evenings. The other times I ate in town. Or if I ate late while I was out, just had biscuits and hot chocolate in my room.

Patsy and John have provided a number of brochures for your use during stay including train and bus schedules. Check basket by the door and the desk. I took the ferry from Prince of Wales pier to St. Mawes. Think there is also a schedule for the ferry times, but check at the pier.

There's lots to do in and around Falmouth: Maritime Museum, Pendennis Castle [and many activities there], St. Mawes Castle across the bay, a number of gardens in the area, going into Truro for several reasons to name but a few. Those are just some of the things I did. I plan to review all of the activiites on TA with pictures when possible. Don't forget Poldack Mine!

Go and have a good time. Hope for good weather.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 31, 2006

Just returned from a fabulous couple of days in Eden House. We were typical last minute arrangers for new year and manged to land on our feet in this luxurious guesthouse. The Simmon's were extremely welcoming and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and suprisingly contained all those quirky bits found in hotels. Only a few doors away from a beautiful beach we really couldn't have been luckier. If you enjoy a good breakfast then this really is the place to stay, they even happily catered for special dietery requirements.
Can't recommend Eden House enough, if your heading for Falmouth then this really is the place to stay. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: December 2006