“Cold dreary wet”

Ranked #6 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Cold dreary wet”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Now that I have your attention, I've been describing the weather in Falmouth during our stay. It is a perfect counter to the warm, wonderful hospitality, room and food at this incredible B&B. I am hard put to remember a place where I have felt more welcome. In a mere five days we felt as if we had known Clive and David all our lives (and their cats Kevin and Gary).

The rooms are exactly as others have described: comfortable beyond compare, immaculate in appearance and with an attention to detail that is very uncommon. We were in the Bay room (as in Bay window) facing the sea. The bed was very comfortable, the linens top quality and with everything you need to feel right at home. The towel warmer is a nice touch in this weather...I don't think towels would otherwise ever dry.

Breakfasts are varied and make generous use of local produce. We liked the fact that you could choose a meat heavy, an egg centred or a protein free breakfast. There was fresh fruit of the highest quality each morning along with French press coffee and tea. I still struggle with the British fascination with canned beans..much as I cannot understand why Spam is still so popular in Hawaii!...but at least I was assured they were the highest quality canned beans....lol.

There is truly nothing these gentlemen won't do for you. We miss them already. This is clearly their passion in life. They are obviously enjoying pleasing clients.

On top of everything, they are two blocks from what, in the summer, is a beach!

Well done sirs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Devon
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have just returned home from a fantastic 2 night stay at the Bosanneth and feel compelled to write an immediate review! This is everything that you would want a break to be. We stayed in the Balcony room which had fantastic sea views and the biggest, most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. There is so much attention to detail in the room, pictures of baconies on the wall and books about balconies in the drawer! The room was very tastefully accessorised. The room and en suite were immaculately clean, the linen was of good quality and the white towels were lovely and fluffy. I appreciated use of a white bath robe too. Clive and David were knowledgeable and attentive hosts, nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was everything you would want it to be, i appreciated a fruit salad to start and a full Cornish breakfast using local products, beautifully cooked and presented.

I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Falmouth and am looking forward to returning to be spoilt again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night in December and were stunned by the wonderful accommodation and food. Our room was decorated beautifully and the bathroom was simply stunning. The hosts were so welcoming and friendly and breakfast was delicious.
The hotel is set near to the front with views over the bay. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Portland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in several places in Falmouth over the years.Bosanneth is by far the best place I have ever stayed.Every area is perfect from presentation to marvelous food,this is topped off by two wonderful hosts (Clive & Dave).

Charlie & Ann.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Charles B
Bristol
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I seldom write reviews, but felt that this place certainly deserved it and what a wonderful place it was! I have travelled all over the world and stayed in many a place, but this delightful hotel was one of the most pleasant stays I've had.

David and Clive are fantastic hosts, so too are Trevor and Kevin (the hotel's resident cats).

Bosanneth Hotel nestles in a quiet road surround by pleasant houses and other guest accommodation just 2 minutes walk from beautiful Gyllyngvase Beach with views of it from the breakfast room and garden and I'd imagine from a number of other bedrooms.

My bedroom was on the top floor facing away from the beach. But that didn't matter as it was beautifully appointed with one of the cleanest bathroom's I've ever encountered! The bed was extremely comfortable and everything was provided (including KitKats - for those of you with chocoholism like myself, I know this can only be of benefit)!

The bed was very comfy, the carpets soft and fluffy and the whole place extremely clean and very tidy with nice decor and furnishings. Presentation here is top-notch!

The breakfast choice is very good. My selection was a toasted bagel with generous amounts of cream cheese and wonderful succulent flakes of salmon.

I can not recommend this place enough. It more than deserves its 4* accreditation and I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again AND recommending it to EVERYONE!

ALL of this at great price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank funkysi
Exeter
Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you,like my Wife and I have suffered from PHD [post holiday disappointment] ie musty rooms indifferent food and perhaps a surly proprietor then all is not lost.
My Wife and I have just returned from a most enjoyable break at this well run hotel.
On arrival we were welcomed into their establishment where we were treated with the utmost courtesy and warmth which from past experiences was a breath of fresh Cornish air.
The food from interesting menus was well cooked and indeed a fine experience in the culinary art.
Moving to the décor,this in itself would put to shame these so called inane TV makeover programmes and I could only wish they could see for themselves how it should done.
All in all a real gem and long may they continue.

Mr & Mrs R Brundle Exminster Exeter Devon.

Room Tip: One room over looking the garden has a balcony and is popular with returning guests.
1 Thank Widescreen
Harrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

There is so much we could say, but it's all been said!! Great hotel, lovely rooms and most of all, fabulous service from Clive & David; from the tea on arrival after our long journey, to the amazing breakfasts, down to the Cadbury's eclairs in the room!! Couldn't fault a thing!! Perfectly positioned for the beach & town, we will be back!

Room Tip: Balcony room had a great sea view