“Great Place for a Getaway”
Review of The Falmouth Hotel

The Falmouth Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just spent 4 days in the care of this hotel, What a lovely place to stay ! Historical building which is being maintained and brought up to date, Excellent food at reasonable prices, you couldn't ask for a better location right on the beach and a 10 minute stroll into Falmouth and it's excellent eateries.
The staff are very accommodating and nothing is too much trouble.

Try a Caribbean meal at Cribbs in Falmouth woth the walk !

Room Tip: Get a seafront room the views are excellent and always changing ! The fitted double glazing stops an...
2  Thank Alan L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Decided to visit Cornwall for a change as although we live in Devon we never go down there.The weekend we spent at the Falmouth Hotel was very good. Friendly staff, super room looking out to sea, and we found the service very good.A grand old building, yes it was in need of a bit of TLC, but it no more than lot of London hotels we have stayed in and they never seem to get a mention regarding this problem.We received a curtsey call a couple of days before our arrival there apologising for a wedding being on and that they hoped it wouldn't spoil our weekend. I did raise concerns about the possible noise disturbance but they assured me that would not be a problem....it wasn't. The food was good, the drinks were a little expensive but that's the price you pay in hotels.We liked the Hotel and Falmouth that much we have decided to return later on in the year to further explore the area. All in all a very good weekend away.

Room Tip: sea views a must
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Drove down to Falmouth as they had Rosen Trevithick, a local author, doing a book reading. Isobel, my daughter, loves her books. It was good to see that they were catering for children. The hotel was in a great location close to the beach. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The food for diner and breakfast was really good. The room had a great view of the bay. It was clean and very comfortable. We look forward to visiting again in the summer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2014

As dairy farmers, we only have one weekend/holiday a year off, and this year I thought we would go to what I thought was a good hotel. It cost me £199 a night, 4 of us sharing a large room, thinking kids would go swimming, etc on the Saturday.
Two days before our holiday, the hotel rang 'to advise us there was a wedding on Saturday so we wouldn't be able to dine at the hotel on Saturday'. I informed the lady that, had they informed me of a wedding when I enquired about booking, by telephone,, I would have found another hotel for our quiet rest.
The truth was the hotel was over run with people. There was a disco, which went on till late, no room to park in the car park as cars were just abandoned, people blocking the entrances smoking, groups of people in the quiet bar area, some of whom were drunk, loud and swearing.
My daughters refused to use the swimming pool as there were so many people around.
Then there was our room. For a family of four, I was told before booking, when i told them the ages of my teenagers,there would be a double bed, a single bed and a sofa bed in our room. We had a very comfortable kingsize, a saggy sofa bed and the most uncomfortable hard z bed. The bathroom had a hot tap that wouldn't turn off completely and a toilet that wouldn't flush first time. The walls were so thin that we could hear snoring from 2 different directions.
We did, however, have the best view across the bay we've ever had, just as well at the price, and our bed was very nice, although I did have to share it with my hubby and my 16 year old who refused to spend a second night on the z bed!
The breakfast was very tasty, nothing was too much trouble, very luckily as we were very tired and grumpy.
Would I recommend this hotel? No, especially at the weekend, unless they can assure you of no wedding. There are a lot of cheaper hotels around Falmouth that will give you a better nights sleep.

Room Tip: Check there are no large gatherings before booking!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Okehampton
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We've been to Falmouth numerous times and thought we would book one of the apartments. One bedroom with fully equipped kitchen/dining/lounge. The bed was very comfortable and huge, queen size? The apartment was clean and well equipped with a modern flat screen TV with wireless internet, although the Hotel's wireless internet doesn't cover the apartments for some odd reason. I was able to hook up to BT-FON being a BT customers which worked. The apartment overlooked the back of the hotel and the delightful gardens. There was access to the hotel from the second floor and you could order room service if you are feeling lazy! We made full use of the leisure facilities; pool, sauna and jacuzzi but not the small gym. The hotel is well situated for the beach, town and walks along the coast. The bar food was very good, price and quality. We couldn't comment on the restaurant as we ate in the apartment or out in town.

Room Tip: Make sure you book your treatments in the Spa before you go! Iris who works in the spa was delightf...
3  Thank Martin B
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Came home to Cornwall from Wales for a weekend of catching up with family. The sun shone and the view from the Falmouth Hotel was absolutely stunning. What a bonus. Our room was small but adequate with plenty of storage. The bathroom was good - with the notable exception of the shower, which was a nightmare contraption with two shower heads, both of which covered me in cold water. My husband was able to coax some hot water out and so we managed.
Another downside was the fact that it was almost impossible to get an internet connection in our fourth floor room. Had to stand on the balcony two floors down to get a connection for my iPad and keep fingers crossed it would last long enough to contact the children.
Also the noise from Falmouth Docks was, to say the least, loud. Alarm calls were not needed when you had the advantage of the 7.30am docks hooter!
But on the plus side, the staff were absolutely lovely. Breakfast was really good and the lounge was a lovely place to sit and relax and enjoy a complimentary coffee. All in all, we would definitely stay here again but perhaps ask for a room not facing the docks this time. I appreciate there was a big wedding going on so probably most rooms were booked long ago and it did not really detract from our stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing the docks.
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I love this hotel for its shabby chic charm of a bygone era.
We couldn't go abroad this Easter so we nipped to Falmouth less than an hour from home to enjoy this hotel. The sun was shining so looking over at the sea through the palms we could've easily been in the south of France. The staff were lovely, polite and friendly with nothing being too much trouble. We treated ourselves to dinner in the restaurant one night and I have to say the vegetarian choices were excellent. The breakfast was wonderful with a very good selection of choices.
The hotel is in easy walking distance of the town which was perfect. Although we chose a basic room we still has a lovely room with a sea view.
We will definitely be going back and thankyou to everyone at the hotel for making my daughter who is quite poorly at the moment feel like she'd had a mini holiday

Stayed: April 2014