“Comfy beds”
Review of The Falmouth Hotel

The Falmouth Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed November 26, 2012

A lovely hotel - the dogs enjoyed it too - lots of treats and their own blankets to sleep on. The food was excellent & it was good to have an area for a quiet drink where I could keep an eye on the mutts. It was useful having a dog friendly beach nearby- but watch the tides.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Liz M

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I am really pleased to receive such positive feedback. We do welcome well behaved dogs and as you have mentioned they do have their own lounge, bedrooms and little extras!

I hope we will be able to welcome you and your four legged friend back again in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Really nice hotel, you do take a step back in this lovely old hotel. Decor looking a bit tired but this wasn't a problem, staff all very helpful and breakfast was good.

Good location, a bit of a walk into town but an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear loobyBucks

Thank you for your review, which is gratefully received and much appreciated. I do hope you may revisit us in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

After a year of raising our first daughter my husband and I were really looking forward to a couple of nights away for our closest friends wedding. obviously the hotel was decided on by our friends and we dutifully booked our room. We didn't think much about what to expect from the hotel as we were so excited by the wedding but on arrival we were absolutely thrilled by our lovely room, exquisite en suite and topped perfectly by the welcoming friendly staff. Our whole stay we were just so happy with the service from the staff, I watched them assist the brides every need, and they helped me to find a lost sentimental item. Even as we passed rooms that were being cleaned, every housekeeper gave us a cheery "hello". Im always afraid of being a pain asking if there is any gluten free bread for my breakfast, but the waitress who served me was so nice and found some for me, fantastic! And thank you to the manager who noticed the bride looking a bit miffed as we got into our cars the morning we left, for he located her left over wedding cake, I really felt he went out of his way for her. Thank you all at the Falmouth hotel, you made a well needed break for my husband and I so lovely and the wedding of our dear friends memorable for all the right reasons.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Charleybe

Thank you so very much for such a lovely review which is extremely welcome.

Getting things just right for everyone frequenting The Falmouth Hotel is our aim and I am delighted that your feedback, coupled with the Brides, the Grooms and all others in attendance (bar one), was so very positive.

I do hope you will consider revisiting us again in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the hotel only 2 days ago...The drive up to the hotel was very impressive... That's were it ends... The hotel is in desperate need of some some TLC... the wallpaper is peeling off the Walls... The lift door would keep opening if you stood too close to it... The corridors to our room were very shabby and Walls all scuffed... But the real worry are the carpets on the stairs, hallways etc... They are taped & even stapled in some areas to hold them together!!!!!! I actually tripped on the masking tape holding the carpet together on the stairs and fell down the stairs... I cut my knee and bruised my shin and arm... Damaged my new shoes... And all this happened while helping the bride down the stairs for her big day!!!!!! I has to attend the wedding with a bleeding leg and many bruises... We informed reception about this and they filled a form out and said they would inform the manager... Didn't hear a thing back... Very disappointed... Very expensive rates for a very shabby & dangerous accommodation... Health & safety here is shocking... I'm 41 & if an elderly person experienced what I did... God only knows what could have happened!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dipsydolly

Dear dipsydolly

It is such a shame that you had a trip whilst in the hotel and that this jaded your overall experience of The Falmouth.

Having investigated it seems the Duty Manager did attend to you personally and also requested a receipt for a completely new pair of shoes for you so I remain at a loss with some of your comments.

However, if we have not resolved the matter to your entire satisfaction then I would be extremely glad to hear from you, indeed I would obviously rather I had heard from you directly in the first place!

For the record, we do run a safe ship at the hotel, and our external consultants can (and do) attest as much.

I look forward to hearing from you: ben.young@richardsonhotels.co.uk

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed in the Falmouth Hotel as part of a conference. I was initially a bit miffed by the fairly disorganised carpark, but once I got into the hotel I calmed down. A friendly welcome and good coffee put paid to my annoyance! My room was clean and comfortable (if a little tired) and the public areas were well appointed. The staff were all very friendly and the food was of a good standard. Views from the lounge / bar / restaurant are amazing and I imagine it is fantastic in the summer months.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angrydoc
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and would have no hesitation in returning. There is a certain style to the hotel and it is very comfortable. The staff are welcoming and do not put you under any pressure especially over breakfast at which can be taken in fantastic views of the bay. We are working on our next visit.

Room Tip: Have a room with a refurbished bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked a wonderful three night break which turned into four. Fantastic large room with stunning sea views. All the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and willing to pass the time of day with you. Excellent food and nice to have a varied choice for breakfast including Salmon & Smoked Haddock instead of the industry standard of a full English. The bar area was lovely with stunning views over the bay and a very pleasant area to pass a few hours with a exceptional cream tea. The area was outstanding hence the fourth night and we are looking forward to returning next year to finish our tour of the area

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple