“Fussy Local Resident”

Underground
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've lived here some 18 months, having escaped Central London, and my main complaint is the absolute dearth of decent restaurants in Falmouth. The term "chef" is often bandied about but less than 4 or 5 people in Falmouth deserve it. So when this place converted from a student dive bar to a specialy burger joint, I was sceptical. No need, the guys know what they are doing and deliver consistently good food whether you want the full monty or just a quick snack. And they are just so nice about it. Maybe not the hand-reared milk fed beef that purists would demand for their fancy £85 burgers, but I defy anyone to match this quality in a straight beef burger in the entire South West, excepting perhaps some ex-girlfriend trying to impress me with minced filet or a wretched celebrity chef with a dozen lackeys at his beck and call and meat flown in from Japan. The person who made a comparison with the London chain Byron obviously needs a taste bud transplant: this little outfit even beats Black & Blue, and leaves and puts those so-called specialty burger joints on the Portobello Road in the shade. Amazing

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I dined at the underground not so long ago, and I have to say the best burger I've tasted for along time! Lovely staff and great atmosphere. Cannot wait to go back

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Chose to eat here because I love burgers and had been reading such good reviews on here. The restaurant was really cool inside and I loved the decor and music. We ordered a cocktail and milkshake and both were not very nice. My pina coloda had a lemon slice on the side which is just weird (maybe a slice of pineapple would have been better) and was just watery. The milkshake was just artificial tasting - it's not hard to mix ice cream with chocolate and make a drink. The best bit about our meal was the nachos; they were freshly cooked to order and I would happily go back here to just eat them. We got a beef burger and chicken burger for our mains and they were huge! I could only eat half the beef burger and to be honest I've had better at Byron. The chicken burger looked much tastier and if I were to eat here again I would go for that. Overall, bigger does not mean better. .

1  Thank JR-LOR
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visited for a private do with a large group of friends recently.
Had already heard good reviews from others and were not disappointed! Such a cool place: funky decor, great music and the food was amazing! We stayed till closing and had a fantastic night- the staff really went the extra mile. Will definitely return to sample the rest of the menu.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Really atmospheric restaurant with amazing quality food and very generous portions. The staff were lovely and attentive. Perfect for both couples and groups. Great choice of cocktails, loved the retro themed decor and music. Will definitely be returning.