“Pretty little cottage in a great location”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Harbour Cottage

Stunning views across the Carrick Roads to Flushing from the private, fully enclosed garden
Dining area with incredible water views Comfortable and light living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Dining area with incredible water views
Comfortable and light living room
Bedroom with fabulous views over the water
Comfortable double bed in the master bedroom
Double wardrobe in the master bedroom
Living area
Comfortable sofa in the living area
Living area
Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
Dining area looking in to the cloakroom area
Enjoy the views over dinner
Front entrance to the 19th century cottage
Compact but pretty and stylish bathroom incorporating bath, shower over, basin and WC
Comfortable single bed in the second double bedroom
Second bedroom shown with the truckle bed made available for a fourth guest
Panoramic views from the master bedroom
Pretty, private, fully enclosed garden with table, chairs and sandstone paved patio/barbecue area
Treat yourself to a nice, cold glass of something special at the end of a busy day sightseeing...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pretty little cottage in a great location”
Reviewed July 23, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Harbour Cottage was a perfect spot for a week's holiday in Falmouth. The shops, bars and restaurants were all close by and the main beaches within easy reach. The view is what sold it to us when we booked although it would have been helpful to have a view of the front of the property as we couldn't find it when we arrived!
Although the cottage is very small (suitable for a couple or small family unit) it is comfortable and has all the facilities that we needed for our stay. It is a quirky and characterful cottage which we liked very much although in places it could do with sprucing up a bit, such as in the bathroom and shared hallway. However, that didn't detract from the experience and we would recommend it to others.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Jun 3, 2017
Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your lovely review.
I'm so glad you had a good time, you will always be welcome. Xx :))
carys984
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Compact, but lovely cottage, great view”
Reviewed May 26, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Overlooking the harbour and just a few minutes walk from the town centre. Cottage had everything we needed and hosts kindly put out tea, coffee, milk etc. Very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed our stay.

Your age range 50-64
Jun 9, 2017
Hi, thanks so much for your lovely review and for taking the time to leave it. It really is appreciated.
Hope you'll come back to enjoy Falmouth again in the future, you would always be very welcome.
Warmest Regards,
Lee-Anne :))
Peter D
“Mr.”
Reviewed May 15, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Disappointing , Dismal and Disgraceful. From the cases of empty beer bottles at the entrance to the putrid smell in the hallway to the dirty appartment. Except for the new kitchen fittings the rest was uninhabitable. Bird droppings on the windows; large cobwebs around the doors; stains on the floor and obvious dog stains on the hearth. Doors in bad need of repair and a lounge room mat which resembled a rag.
Although two rooms were booked only one bed was made up.
This place has been falsely represented on TripAdvisor and I would seriously ask that a full refund should be executed.
We had to find alternative accommodation which was as far away as Newquay.
Maybe the owner is not aware of how her property is being managed.

May 26, 2017
I thank you sincerely for finally communicating your feelings.
I am however in all honesty truly devastated that you have refused to speak to me, or even tell me in writing how you felt until now. I always feel, in all things in life, that if we just communicate and are open with each other, almost any problem in the world can be solved. I'm an incredibly reasonable person and would have been delighted to work with you to a resolution, but without a willingness from you to communicate at all, I feel that I have been left powerless to help. I should not allow these things to upset me but they do; not meeting people's expectations saddens me immensely.
I am indeed also bewildered by how you feel.
I have tried to call you many many times, but of course you wouldn't answer your phone to me or even tell me in writing what was wrong.
I am incredibly sorry that you did not stay at the cottage.
I have a wonderful and very dedicated cleaner, and I go to the cottage frequently to check on things. I have many, many satisfied guests and lovely reviews, and it is so difficult to understand how different people's views can differ so widely, between your refusal to stay and so many guests wonderful holidays.
My children and I absolutely LOVE staying there at every opportunity, it's such a beautiful spot.
I am aware that the decorative standard of many of the rooms could be higher, and we are working our way through the property as funds permit.
I will now expedite some of the projects, will attend to any of your points that I can, and will get carpets replaced ASAP, but I just don't recognise so much of what you say.
It is a town centre property, so recycling is left at the front one day a fortnight, and I'm sorry that you were upset by the glass recycling.
I'm afraid that nobody whose opinion I have asked can detect an unpleasant odour in the hallway.
I have been on a cobweb hunt, and can't find what you're referring to. It is a very old cottage so spiders tend to be more prevalent, but my cleaner is always vigilant. I will make sure that she and I are even more so in the future.
Although the windows are frequently cleaned, there tend to be lots of seagulls in seaside towns, so it is virtually impossible to keep them consistently clear of bird droppings. I am sorry that you were upset by the bird droppings.
The hearth is natural sandstone and I can't find any evidence of 'dog stains' on it - only the natural marbling of the stone.
The lounge floor isn't looking great though is it. It is clean, but being light painted wood, it stains and looks grubby. My cleaner is upset by this because despite her best endeavours, it doesn't look clean. I will replace this flooring during the next vacant time.
I don't know how I could represent the property better. It is accurately photographed and described, and I am at pains to point out in my description that the cottage is very small. I will review my listing again to see if there is anything I could change, but I don't think that there is.
I really am sincerely sorry about the way you feel, and would of course be very happy to speak to you about it.
Thanks again,
Lee-Anne
Corey S
“Good Value”
Reviewed April 22, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We came to Falmouth for the first week of Spring Break. I will start off by saying Falmouth and Cornwall are brilliant. The cottage was adequate for our needs: 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and a small garden. There is a great harbour view from the eat-in kitchen and standing in the garden. One suggestion would be a raised table and chairs in the garden, so there could be a harbour view while enjoying a beverage in the garden. The location is great: next to a nice pub and quick walk to shops and restaurants. The cottage could have been cleaner.

May 2, 2017
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We all seem to lead such busy lives these days and it means a lot to hear what our guests think. Thank you for mentioning that it could have been cleaner. This is the first time that I have had an issue of this nature raised, and I'm really disappointed to hear it. As a matter of course we monitor the cleanliness of the cottage closely, but clearly this has somehow slipped through the net. I will speak to my cleaner about expectations and keep an even closer eye on things. However, while I can try to make sure that this is never an issue in the future, I clearly cannot change your experience and I'm sincerely sorry that your expectations were not met.
Thanks also for your suggestion about raising the garden table and chairs. I have arranged for our gardener to go in tomorrow to lower the hedge, so that the view can be enjoyed whilst seated in the garden. I will also look into your suggestion for the slightly longer term (once funds permit), as it could be really lovely to have a raised area.
I'm delighted that you loved Falmouth - it really is a fabulous place and it's wonderful that you enjoyed Cornwall.
Thanks so much for choosing to stay at Harbour Cottage and warmest regards.
Beejster
London
“Great location, lovely view, small but well appointed.”
Reviewed April 11, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

A short walk from the centre of Falmouth this is a great little place to lay your head. The house has all you could need for a place to use as a base for an on the go holiday. The double bedroom faces east for the most spectacular sunrises. The garden overlooks the beautiful harbour, so there's always something to see. The kitchen is very well appointed. The living room sofa and chair are comfy.
It's located just five minutes walk from pubs and restaurants galore, it's just a bit up hill on the way hone. But if you don't like hills, don't go to Cornwall!
The house is small, and the stairs are steep so could be tricky for some, I'm getting over knee surgery and found it just about manageable. But I definitely needed help with luggage and carrying on the stairs. The Bathroom is tiny, so large people or bathing small children might be a challenge, but not impossible.
There is parking near the house, but a couple of times we had to circle find a spot. High season might be more challenging. However, there is an area right outside to pull up and unload/load you luggage.

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, and I'm so glad that you have a great time in Falmouth :))
JW1871
Berkshire
“Great little cottage with a stunning view.”
Reviewed April 8, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Harbour Cottage made for a great base for our 3 night stay in Falmouth. It's cosy & characterful with a large well equipped kitchen. From the garden, kitchen/diner & master bedroom there are stunning views over the Fal estuary & the village of Flushing and we were lucky enough to catch 2 glorious sunrises during our short stay. The cottage is conveniently located close to numerous cafes, pubs and a good selection of shops including a useful Spar supermarket just a few minutes away on foot. The Quay for boats heading to St. Mawes is only a 5 minute walk away, the Maritime Museum approximately 15 minutes & the lovely Gylly beach 25 minutes but well worth the effort. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if visiting Falmouth in the future.

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time out to leave a review. It means a lot to know that you were happy with the cottage, and I'm delighted to hear that you had a great stay in Falmouth. It would be wonderful to have the privilege of hosting you again in the future. Warmest Regards, Lee-Anne :))
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing