“Wonderful upgrade!”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Booked harbour view and were so lucky to be given room 101. Possibly one of the best coastal hotel rooms I have stayed in. It was big and airy with a tremendous view from the balcony and the bed. Enormous bath in room and great shower. Very hot during our stay, a fridge would have been good.

Food was good but for a non fish eater the menu was limited for a five night stay without repeating items! Also went down to the bar before dinner and only once were menus provided and order taken before going into the restaurant.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

A really good break.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian R
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Ian R

Thank you for your generous review, I am delighted that our free upgrade was well received!

We do, from time to time, like to upgrade our guests as a gesture of goodwill and at no cost, this is obviously subject to availability and we also like to do this randomly, so anyone else reading this - please do not ask and you never know!

You raise a couple of really useful points, we do need to be taking more 'lounge' orders for dinner to assist relaxation and I will be taking up your comments with the Restaurant Manager - this should be a consistently applied standard.

We do have 20 main courses on our menu and 7 of these are fish, (or shellfish), along with a daily changing special, albeit this is often fish too! I can empathise with you that after 5 nights, the non-fish options may feel a little limited.

I am delighted with you comments on the staff friendliness and helpfulness, and we do hope you will consider revisiting us again in the near future.

Thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for The Greenbank Hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding here on the 5th july stayed the night before and the night of the wedding. All staff were amazing couldnt do enough especially emma from reception and sophie the wedding consultant xx had a fantastic day thankyou greenbank xx

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah M

Dear Sarah M

On behalf of us all at the hotel our sincere congratulations to you both again on the occasion of your Wedding Day!

We were privileged to be able to host your Wedding - thank you for choosing us and it is so great to hear and that we delivered a fantastic day for you both!

It's really nice that you have named two of our team as being particularly good - I will enjoy sharing your kind words with them.

I hope you will return for each Wedding Anniversary for many years to come!

Kind regards and all best wishes for your future together.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here for one night on business in the area and absolutely loved the place. From the friendly initial greeting, to the huge comfortable beds and the spectacular views from the balcony across the harbour topped off with the wonderful food, I really couldn't have been happier.

Get a room with a harbour view, put a chair on the balcony and just watch the boats go by with the most scenic of backdrops...I used to stay in a different place down there but will always go for the Greenbank as my first option in future.

If I have a criticism, the restaurant isn't cheap, but the food was outstanding, definitely highly recommended...even the wifi was very good.

Room Tip: Harbour view is a must
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear RobboMariner

Thank you very much for your really kind words following your recent stay at The Greenbank Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the world class location - we are truly fortunate that some 400 years ago someone clever chose this spot to build an Inn!

I do hope you will revisit us, it would be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. Views are stunning, staff helpful, friendly and welcoming and my food was lovely. The rooms are spotless with all of the lovely finishing touches that make the difference. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: I would recommend a harbour view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Heidi L

Dear Heidi L

Thank you so much for your highly valued feedback, following your recent stay at the Greenbank Hotel. Your summary has covered all the areas I would hope to be performing well and it is great to read that we are achieving in these areas.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Thank you again for your review, it is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here last weekend - what an amazing place !
What makes the Greenbank so unique is its location, the staff and the incredible food.
We ate breakfast looking out onto Falmouth's natural harbour and had cocktails out on the balcony bar in the evening - the views take your breath away.
All the staff without exception were friendly and professional - they went out of their way to make your visit that extra special.
I highly recommend the lobster platter, the best I've ever tasted - a must at the Greenbank.
If you want peace and tranquillity with outstanding views and attentive service this can't be beaten - I will return !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chilledmum

Dear chilledmum

I am delighted to read such a great review from one of our most recent guests, it is such a joy to read about your experience, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I may be biased but I do know that our unique location at the waters edge tops most others around. It is this location, combined with staff who naturally want to please, coupled with some amazing local produce used to its best advantage that enables our hotel to deliver an overall experience that is really quite special.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future, for more local lobster and perhaps a few more cocktails over looking the water..

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at the Greenbank Hotel in Falmouth for Friday and Saturday night last weekend,18th 19th July) we were concerned that they were going to have a wedding but was assured that we would have a quiet room overlooking the habour. They were very friendly as well as professional and I would like to say thank you to them as they honoured what they said. The room was lovely and quiet we didnt even know there was a wedding going on and the view was absolutely beautiful we would definitely recommend the Greenbank to anyone and will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor so not good for people with walking difficulties as you have several st...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pastholidays
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Pastholidays

Thank you so much for this lovely feedback - it is very reassuring to hear that the team dealt with your concerns efficiently and effectively.

Whilst we are a popular Wedding location, we remain fundamentally a hotel and it is vital that first and foremost all our hotel guests are comfortable, content and leave us wanting to return irrespective of any events that may have gone on in our function suite!

Thank you for your recommendation and I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was one of the bridesmaids at my brother and now sister in-laws wedding (Adam and Sarah Mitchell). The room was beautiful, both made up for us to stay the night before and for them on their special day. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, polite and friendly in every way. It was a lovely venue for a special day, the food was amazing, the setting was lovely and the staff made every effort to make it an enjoyable and problem free day for all involved.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JuliagooliaCornwall

Dear JuliagooliaCornwall

I am so pleased to hear such great feedback, especially as it stems from such an important day - we were honoured to be chosen as the venue for Sarah and Adams special day and it was enjoyed by us all here too!

Thank you in particular for your comments with regards to the staff, this really is great to hear and I am really delighted to be able to share such praise and recognise the job 'well done' with the team.

I do hope that, as one of our more local guests, we may be able to welcome you back to the Greenbank again in the near future.

Ben Young

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
#1 of 4 in Truro
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!