“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Falmouth
Immingham
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here for one night on business in the area and absolutely loved the place. From the friendly initial greeting, to the huge comfortable beds and the spectacular views from the balcony across the harbour topped off with the wonderful food, I really couldn't have been happier.

Get a room with a harbour view, put a chair on the balcony and just watch the boats go by with the most scenic of backdrops...I used to stay in a different place down there but will always go for the Greenbank as my first option in future.

If I have a criticism, the restaurant isn't cheap, but the food was outstanding, definitely highly recommended...even the wifi was very good.

Room Tip: Harbour view is a must
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear RobboMariner

Thank you very much for your really kind words following your recent stay at The Greenbank Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the world class location - we are truly fortunate that some 400 years ago someone clever chose this spot to build an Inn!

I do hope you will revisit us, it would be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the future.

Ben Young

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. Views are stunning, staff helpful, friendly and welcoming and my food was lovely. The rooms are spotless with all of the lovely finishing touches that make the difference. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: I would recommend a harbour view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Heidi L
Dear Heidi L

Thank you so much for your highly valued feedback, following your recent stay at the Greenbank Hotel. Your summary has covered all the areas I would hope to be performing well and it is great to read that we are achieving in these areas.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Thank you again for your review, it is genuinely appreciated.

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here last weekend - what an amazing place !
What makes the Greenbank so unique is its location, the staff and the incredible food.
We ate breakfast looking out onto Falmouth's natural harbour and had cocktails out on the balcony bar in the evening - the views take your breath away.
All the staff without exception were friendly and professional - they went out of their way to make your visit that extra special.
I highly recommend the lobster platter, the best I've ever tasted - a must at the Greenbank.
If you want peace and tranquillity with outstanding views and attentive service this can't be beaten - I will return !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
1 Thank chilledmum
Dear chilledmum

I am delighted to read such a great review from one of our most recent guests, it is such a joy to read about your experience, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I may be biased but I do know that our unique location at the waters edge tops most others around. It is this location, combined with staff who naturally want to please, coupled with some amazing local produce used to its best advantage that enables our hotel to deliver an overall experience that is really quite special.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future, for more local lobster and perhaps a few more cocktails over looking the water..

Thank you again for your review.

Gloucestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at the Greenbank Hotel in Falmouth for Friday and Saturday night last weekend,18th 19th July) we were concerned that they were going to have a wedding but was assured that we would have a quiet room overlooking the habour. They were very friendly as well as professional and I would like to say thank you to them as they honoured what they said. The room was lovely and quiet we didnt even know there was a wedding going on and the view was absolutely beautiful we would definitely recommend the Greenbank to anyone and will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor so not good for people with walking difficulties as you have several st...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Pastholidays
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Pastholidays

Thank you so much for this lovely feedback - it is very reassuring to hear that the team dealt with your concerns efficiently and effectively.

Whilst we are a popular Wedding location, we remain fundamentally a hotel and it is vital that first and foremost all our hotel guests are comfortable, content and leave us wanting to return irrespective of any events that may have gone on in our function suite!

Thank you for your recommendation and I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was one of the bridesmaids at my brother and now sister in-laws wedding (Adam and Sarah Mitchell). The room was beautiful, both made up for us to stay the night before and for them on their special day. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, polite and friendly in every way. It was a lovely venue for a special day, the food was amazing, the setting was lovely and the staff made every effort to make it an enjoyable and problem free day for all involved.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JuliagooliaCornwall
Dear JuliagooliaCornwall

I am so pleased to hear such great feedback, especially as it stems from such an important day - we were honoured to be chosen as the venue for Sarah and Adams special day and it was enjoyed by us all here too!

Thank you in particular for your comments with regards to the staff, this really is great to hear and I am really delighted to be able to share such praise and recognise the job 'well done' with the team.

I do hope that, as one of our more local guests, we may be able to welcome you back to the Greenbank again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed in Falmouth before but for my wife's birthday I wanted to really push the boat out and treat her. So I took her to the jewel in Falmouth's crown - the Greenbank. I had eaten here before on business trips with the company whenever an important guest arrived, but this was the first time we tried it as a couple.

Check in was fast and we were shown to a top floor room looking out over Falmouth harbour, a view you would never get tired of looking at. Popping open the champagne bottle that greeted us for her birthday we chatted and relaxed on the balcony, enjoying time away from the kids.
The room was clean, well presented and facilities were fresh.

Sobering up with some filter coffee from the room we headed down to a fantastic supper, hosted by the very efficient and diligent Marius who made sure we were never short of drinks or attention. The food was excellent with plenty of choice and interesting options.

After dinner we retired to the bar and relaxed in big leather chairs drinking some amazing cocktails and enjoyed the atmosphere of a happy saturday night amidst several groups chatting and laughing away. The bar staff were friendly, chatty and very kindly restocked our room coffee and milk supplies.

Breakfast the next morning was a mix of fresh faced families and the shared knowing looks between the not so fresh faced couples and groups we had drank the night away alongside. The sun was shining into the dining room and a wonderfully restorative mix of coffee and full english set us back to full health.

After checking out we decided to not rush home and we passed a very pleasant morning out on the decking enjoying the sun, sights and sounds of a busy Falmouth harbour. Unable to tear ourselves away we indulged in lunch also - I daringly tried the beetroot and coconut soup of the day but was more than pleasantly surprised by how delicious it was, my new favourite dish. By this time of day there were many yachts out sailing and we got to enjoy quite a display through the large glass fronted dining room.

After one last coffee back out on the decking it was time to face reality and return home.

The staff were all very friendly, the service was excellent - we had no complaints and generally had a wonderful weekend which we won't forget in a hurry.

Room Tip: 2nd floor suites had fantastic view out over the harbour and a balcony to stand outside and sip cham...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
3 Thank Nick S
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Nick S

My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback with us at the hotel.

Of all your generous comments, I am particularly pleased that you and especially your Wife enjoyed her Birthday celebrations with us at the Greenbank.

We are fortunate to be blessed with a strong team of loyal staff - Marius is most certainly a key part of our operation and it is great to learn that you appreciated the service he and others provided.

I admire your decision to sample Chefs Beetroot and Coconut Soup from the Sunday Lunch menu and I am delighted that your choice paid off and that you now have a new favourite - please let us know if you would like the recipe!

It is really wonderful to be able to share such feedback with all my team here, I firmly believe in sharing credit where credit is due.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and I do hope that we may become your hotel of choice for all your celebrations, as well as for your ongoing business events.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Master Suite and it could not have been more perfect! It was paradise with the balcony, view, free-standing bath in the bedroom, gorgeous modern shower room and a bed so comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud! Everyone that works there was delightful and the Manager in particular was so lovely and clearly took pride in everything he and the hotel did. You must stay here and get that master suite! Wonderful value and a perfect start to our honeymoon.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Murrilley
Dear Murrilley

Firstly, on behalf of all at the Greenbank, our sincere congratulations on your recent marriage!

Secondly, a very big thank you from all the team for sharing your lovely and generous feedback with us all.

It is really cheering to hear that such a special trip got off to the perfect start and agree that our master suite really is quite something, I must try it myself sometime!

I trust you've been enjoying all the amazing things that Cornwall has to offer during your week of celebrations and I hope my personal suggestions of things to do lived up to my enthusiastic recommendations!

We do hope you will return on each Wedding Anniversary - it would be our pleasure to look after you both again, for many years to come.

Kind regards and congratulations once more,

Ben Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,040 reviews
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 6 in Truro

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!