$159
$158
$134
Chelsea House(Falmouth)
$149
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$252
$219
$160
Preferred Hotels
1,374 results
All reviewsa harbour view roomgreen bankloose teaharbour sidemaster suitefalmouth harbourstunning viewswaters edgelovely hotelsmall balconythe pubwedding receptionhigh standardwalk into towncouple of nightslovely roomenjoyable stay
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was one of the bridesmaids at my brother and now sister in-laws wedding (Adam and Sarah Mitchell). The room was beautiful, both made up for us to stay the night before and for them on their special day. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, polite and friendly in every way. It was a lovely venue for a special day, the food was amazing, the setting was lovely and the staff made every effort to make it an enjoyable and problem free day for all involved.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JuliagooliaCornwall
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear JuliagooliaCornwall

I am so pleased to hear such great feedback, especially as it stems from such an important day - we were honoured to be chosen as the venue for Sarah and Adams special day and it was enjoyed by us all here too!

Thank you in particular for your comments with regards to the staff, this really is great to hear and I am really delighted to be able to share such praise and recognise the job 'well done' with the team.

I do hope that, as one of our more local guests, we may be able to welcome you back to the Greenbank again in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed in Falmouth before but for my wife's birthday I wanted to really push the boat out and treat her. So I took her to the jewel in Falmouth's crown - the Greenbank. I had eaten here before on business trips with the company whenever an important guest arrived, but this was the first time we tried it as a couple.

Check in was fast and we were shown to a top floor room looking out over Falmouth harbour, a view you would never get tired of looking at. Popping open the champagne bottle that greeted us for her birthday we chatted and relaxed on the balcony, enjoying time away from the kids.
The room was clean, well presented and facilities were fresh.

Sobering up with some filter coffee from the room we headed down to a fantastic supper, hosted by the very efficient and diligent Marius who made sure we were never short of drinks or attention. The food was excellent with plenty of choice and interesting options.

After dinner we retired to the bar and relaxed in big leather chairs drinking some amazing cocktails and enjoyed the atmosphere of a happy saturday night amidst several groups chatting and laughing away. The bar staff were friendly, chatty and very kindly restocked our room coffee and milk supplies.

Breakfast the next morning was a mix of fresh faced families and the shared knowing looks between the not so fresh faced couples and groups we had drank the night away alongside. The sun was shining into the dining room and a wonderfully restorative mix of coffee and full english set us back to full health.

After checking out we decided to not rush home and we passed a very pleasant morning out on the decking enjoying the sun, sights and sounds of a busy Falmouth harbour. Unable to tear ourselves away we indulged in lunch also - I daringly tried the beetroot and coconut soup of the day but was more than pleasantly surprised by how delicious it was, my new favourite dish. By this time of day there were many yachts out sailing and we got to enjoy quite a display through the large glass fronted dining room.

After one last coffee back out on the decking it was time to face reality and return home.

The staff were all very friendly, the service was excellent - we had no complaints and generally had a wonderful weekend which we won't forget in a hurry.

Room Tip: 2nd floor suites had fantastic view out over the harbour and a balcony to stand outside and sip champagne and enjoy the river
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nick S
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Nick S

My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback with us at the hotel.

Of all your generous comments, I am particularly pleased that you and especially your Wife enjoyed her Birthday celebrations with us at the Greenbank.

We are fortunate to be blessed with a strong team of loyal staff - Marius is most certainly a key part of our operation and it is great to learn that you appreciated the service he and others provided.

I admire your decision to sample Chefs Beetroot and Coconut Soup from the Sunday Lunch menu and I am delighted that your choice paid off and that you now have a new favourite - please let us know if you would like the recipe!

It is really wonderful to be able to share such feedback with all my team here, I firmly believe in sharing credit where credit is due.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and I do hope that we may become your hotel of choice for all your celebrations, as well as for your ongoing business events.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Master Suite and it could not have been more perfect! It was paradise with the balcony, view, free-standing bath in the bedroom, gorgeous modern shower room and a bed so comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud! Everyone that works there was delightful and the Manager in particular was so lovely and clearly took pride in everything he and the hotel did. You must stay here and get that master suite! Wonderful value and a perfect start to our honeymoon.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Murrilley

Dear Murrilley

Firstly, on behalf of all at the Greenbank, our sincere congratulations on your recent marriage!

Secondly, a very big thank you from all the team for sharing your lovely and generous feedback with us all.

It is really cheering to hear that such a special trip got off to the perfect start and agree that our master suite really is quite something, I must try it myself sometime!

I trust you've been enjoying all the amazing things that Cornwall has to offer during your week of celebrations and I hope my personal suggestions of things to do lived up to my enthusiastic recommendations!

We do hope you will return on each Wedding Anniversary - it would be our pleasure to look after you both again, for many years to come.

Kind regards and congratulations once more,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend with our friends. We had excellent rooms with outstanding sea views. Both rooms were spotlessly clean with a modern décor. On arrival we were shown to our rooms and then we relaxed on the terrace overlooking the harbour, sipping our cocktails ( two for £10 on a Friday evening). Absolute heaven! We also ate dinner in the hotel dining room later that evening which has stunning views over the harbour. The food was excellent with all of the fish on the menu being caught locally. The dinner was also very good value for money.
The breakfast was very tasteful, again all local produce being served whilst enjoying the seaviews.
All of the staff at the Greenbank are very polite and friendly. Special thanks to Ollie who was the font of all local knowledge and nothing was too much trouble.
We will definitely be returning to the Greenbank.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank dejemiller

Dear dejemiller

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable weekend.

As ever, it is the staff that make the experience complete and it is great that Ollie was such a great provider of local knowledge. Ollie is Falmouth born and bred and we are lucky to have him - although he'll probably be asking for a promotion if I go on too much!

We enjoyed looking after all your group, and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My daughter got married at the green bank hotel, she had lots of guests also staying there, set right on the harbour, with lovely views, she had the ceremony and reception in the riverbank suite, all staff were pleasant, and hotel was very clean, can't comment on the rooms as we stayed somewhere else. But a very good weekend was had by all, drinks were quite expensive though.

Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2014

Dear grant40

Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that your Daughters Wedding with us was such a success!

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.