“Special Place”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Special Place”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I returned to the Greenbank Hotel for his birthday last weekend after getting married there in October 2013.

We have nothing but praise for this place – the staff are wonderful, friendly and can’t do enough for you (but without being over the top/in your face), the views are stunning, the rooms have a gorgeous décor and are spotlessly clean and the food is unusual and delicious. Really could not recommend it highly enough for a wedding venue or for a break.

For a very special treat, we also recommend the amazing master suite. Total luxury!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a harbour view. The Master Suite is amazing!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mrs_H_of_Cornwall
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Mrs_H_of_Cornwall

I am delighted to read such lovely feedback - thank you for sharing this with us!

The fact that you've returned and had another great time is immensely satisfying to hear and is a tangible reward for our efforts and hard work.

I will be emailing you personally before long as I am determined to retain your custom for all your consecutive Anniversaries and Birthdays for many years to come!!

Many thanks again.

Ben Young

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Shropshire
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the Greenbank Hotel for 5 nights in June 2014. The hotel is a mix of old and new construction and is located right at the waters edge overlooking the harbour.

Our room was very spacious, luxurious and spotlessly clean [picture attached] and had a stunning view [picture attached] - whatever the time or weather - over the water and all the boat related activity going on. A little bit of a route march from the main entrance - but the room and view made that worthwhile. If I had to be ultra critical then I would suggest a fridge would be an asset to occupants.

We dined at the hotel restaurant which has a panoramic view of Falmouth and the harbour. Food was excellent and beautifully presented. It would have been rude not to have patronised the well stocked bar which also offered special cocktail deals on a Friday night!.

All the hotel staff were cheery and professional and nothing seemed too much trouble. Not one member of staff passed us by during our stay without a greeting.

Not hotel related - but do look at the First Great Western special ticket offers - we went to St Ives for £8 each! No driving and no struggling to find a car park space in that lovely seaside town.

So, a great stay and many happy memories of Falmouth.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShropshireBearman
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear ShropshireBearman

I read your review with real pleasure, I am so pleased to hear that we provided such an enjoyable 4 day break for you both.

I am particularly cheered with your feedback in regard to the staff, despite such an beautiful property in such a fabulous location, our staff remain our best asset and I am delighted that this was noticeable to you during your stay!

I do hope you would consider a revisit, as you'll already know, our location is one of the most central for adventuring to all the different parts of our beautiful County.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I attended Mr & Mrs Pellows wedding this Saturday the 14th of June, the venue was outstanding and I had an amazing time. I would highly recommend the hotel for future reference for family and friends looking for a good time!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank zoeywright
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear zoeywright

We were honoured and delighted to look after Mr and Mrs Pellow and their guests on the occasion of their Wedding Day. It was a beautiful day, and one which all the team enjoyed working on.

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience, and I am really pleased that you all had such a great time!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Greenbank Hotel regularly for years on business, and plan to for many more, everything was satisfactory as always, but I just wanted to mention the two young women who were training in reception this week. They were both friendly, professional and I even overheard one of them go out her way to help another guest with his days plans and print off a leaflet. I hope to see them on my future visits.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Elcornwall

Thank you for your encouraging words regarding our two newest recruits - it is really gratifying to hear that our policy of recruiting for the right attitude first and foremost is noticeable to our guests, after just a couple of days!

I will personally thank both staff members and I know this will be very motivational, so thank you again.

I do hope we will see you again in the near future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've stayed in the Greenbank hotel for 5 nights as part of a business trip. The hospitality was truly outstanding! The staff did everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms and the restaurant were excellent, and the stunning harbour view made the picture complete.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear JohnCa84

I am so grateful for your encouraging feedback, thank you so much for sharing this with us.

We do strive to meet or exceed all our guests expectations, and when we do, there is nothing better than us hearing about it!

I will enjoy sharing your feedback with all the team, and we do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We and a number of friends had a wonderful evening at the hotel - drinks in the lounge and on the patio followed by a meal at the Riverbank Suite. Bit of a trek through the hotel to get to the function room, but well worth it as the room has fabulous views and we were rewarded with an excellent top quality meal served by very attentive and helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ajevans_fal

I am so glad to read how much you enjoyed your evening with us.

We do view our local patronage as absolutely critical to our success and we aim to continuously improve what we do in order to reestablish ourselves as the default option for all functions of up to 130 guests.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Second visit , really nice hotel great sea view from our room , just a flying visit this time . Attended a charity do , the food was excellent we went into the cocktail bar and stayed there till the early hours with very patient staff . Will go back soon many thanks

Room Tip: harbour view is a must for only a little more
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear dkwilli

Thank you for your positive comments which are very gratefully received.

Do let me know when you are planning a revisit - it would be great to be able to meet and discuss the hotel with you first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

My personal thanks again.

Ben Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 24 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,077 reviews
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!