“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Staffordshire
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here last Tuesday when the weather was terrible and was impressed by the efficiency of the receptionist to find me a room. This hotel has nicely furnished warm rooms, great staff and excellent food in the restaurant...will definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in October for my birthday, we had a large family room with a balcony over looking Flushing, the view was amazing. We loved everything about the hotel and our stay. Breakfast was really nice, with fab views across the estuary.
We ate from the bat menu one evening and the food was fantastic, every course was really nice, couldn't fault a thing. The service was also fantastic. Can't wait to come back again.
Great location to walk into town.
We had our 3yr old and 7 month old with us and although nothing for the kids to do, we were made to feel very welcome in the bar and dining room off the bar, as well as at breakfast.

Room Tip: Pay that little extra for a balcony overlooking the estuary.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at the greenbank and once again we were not disappointed. The bar area is a great place to unwind and we were served by a lovely American waiter that nothing was to much trouble for him. The room was clean and warm with fantastic views. The weather was horrible but a real delight to watch from our room. Keep up the good work greenbank

• Stayed October 2013
Perranporth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The restaurant has a beautiful view of the harbour. The chicken dish I had was cooked to perfection followed by an "out of this world" coconut cheesecake. Kitchen and waiting staff are absolutely amazing! Nothing is too much trouble. Would highly recommend to eat here! Didn't stay in hotel - just treated myself to lunch on 7 February 2014.

Room Tip: Didn't stay - just went for lunch
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JohnCB25
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First time at this hotel. Booked for long weekend after reading Trip Adviser reviews.
Had booked standard double room and on arrival was offered upgrade to harbour view room at a small additional sum (the normal price was almost double the cost of a standard room).
Room excellent, Hotel clean and well maintained. Staff helpful and courteous. Great breakfast menu all cooked to a high standard.
Although weather awful really enjoyed the stay and would certainly book again.

Room Tip: Book a harbour view for great news over the Fal estuary
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Although a "local boy" it is more convenient for me to stay at a local hotel, than with family. We (wife & 12 yr old daughter) have just stayed at the Greenbank, again, and found the usual excellent welcome.

The room was very comfortable and well appointed, although quite a hike from reception. Having said that, we had unsurpassed views across to Flushing and the rest of the harbour. Notwithstanding the trek from reception to our bedroom, we only had a short distance from the bedroom to the breakfast room, so checks & balances I suppose.

The staff were friendly without being overbearingly so, and the bar a welcome haven at the end of the day.

The litmus test test - would I come again? Definitely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Truro, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed in hotels all around the world and when i stayed at the green bank I thought it was by far the friendliest. The staff all seemed to know what they were doing and was always helpful with everything I needed. My husband and I ate in your restaurant with fantastic views over the harbour. We both agreed it was one of the most romantic evenings we've had in years, candle lit with mellow music made it perfect. The food was a very nice, my husband said it was the best blue (yes raw) steak he's ever had. He normally moans. I had the bream which was beautiful. I must admit I didn't think there was enough food for starters or mains but by the time I got to my to the pudding I felt very content, this was fine dinning. The rooms were cosy and i wish we had payed the extra £10 just for the harbourview. All in all though my husband and I would highly recommend the Green bank Hotel and will be staying there again. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra £10. You wont regret it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 24 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,077 reviews
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!