The Greenbank Hotel
Trelawne Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$101
TripAdvisor
1,301 results
All reviewsa harbour view roomgreen bankloose teaharbour sidemaster suitefalmouth harbourstunning viewswaters edgefunction roomlovely hotelsmall balconymain restaurantthe pubwedding partywedding receptionhigh standardlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

we stayed at the green bank over Christmas with 2 young children (8 and 4). Although the hotel is not aimed at children they were made to feel very special and welcome by all the staff.
The family room was fantastic- a separate little room for the kids with bunk beds so we could have some peace!!!
The staff impressed us most when we realised at 8.30pm on Christmas Eve that we had left the children's presents in Warwickshire!! They immediately helped us find a shop that was open and offered to help wrap presents - one member of staff even offered to go home and get her old stocking!
I find that these reviews often focus on the usual issues of cleanliness, facilities etc. Icouldnt fault the Green bank in that regard but I was most impressed by the wonderful staff that saved the day and made our Christmas perfect.
Thanks to all at the Green bank.

• Stayed: December 2012
Paul G, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

It really does mean a lot to me, and indicate that we are approaching our business in the right way, when I hear positive comments about our team of staff. I am pleased we were able to make your Christamas celebrations special. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I felt I had to write a review and should have done it many years ago, my first stay at the Greenbank was ten years ago! I have stayed regularly there since about 5/6 times a year on business as I have to visit Cornwall frequently as I do the rest of the south of the UK, I usually have customers or colleagues with me but also stay on my own have also arranged business meetings and dinners there, it is nothing short of superb, comparing it to other hotels I stay in right across the UK, and I have been travelling and staying in hotels on a weekly basis for 15 years so have much experience of hotels.
The Greenbank in a nutshell has it all and most surprising of all that throughout my ten years the experience always remains tip top, staff are excellent always friendly, helpful and professional many staff I saw at the beginning and left but usually return this says a lot.
The accomodation is superb and harbour view rooms stunning, however even front facing rooms are fabulous.
Now to the food ... it is simply outstanding food in Cornwall is usually of a high standard in general and is all relative I know. I had the best Creme Brulee I have ever tasted at the Greenbank back in 2005 and nothing has matched it ever since, and I've tried a few! The consistency of the quality of the food and menu choice has always amazed me it is flawless and has remained so over all these years never a dip or bad meal .. ever! it not only rivals the numerous, some excellent celebrity restaurants in the county it beats them especially considering your restaurant bill which will most definitely be less than the said kind of eateries, and I have eaten in many of the much talked about and famous celebrity places and will not knock them they are fabulous but usually very expensive, the Greenbank matches them any day on quality and service and views, and much of the time trumps them!
Don't pass this part of the world without staying or at least sampling the great food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We have strived and will continue to strive, to be top class to use your words. Your comments on outstanding food and service have been well received and appreciated by all of our team who take a keen interest in how we fare on Trip Advisor and what our guests reactions are when they have visited. Thank you.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed for three nights in January 2012 so all quiet,
The rooms are large and comfortable, the view was stunning, across the natural harbor (third biggest in the world).

Staff were very helpful and attentive especially as they had just come through a very hectic Christmas and New Year.

At breakfast it was a pleasure to find a full menu and friendly staff to serve at table, white cloths napkins et al. A full English kept us going all day. Having had a fantastic and filling lunch on the day we checked (see Treby Arms review) in we could only manage bar snacks for the evening.

On the second day we had booked dinner in the restaurant, I again had the steak, Sirloin this time and was not disappointed, succulent tender and cooked to perfection.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, the staff and the town.

Room Tip: Rooms: Try to get one overlooking the river but close those nice opaque curtains at night as the harbour will be full of light from moorings, boats and the quayside across the bay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Such a lovely recommendation, thank you. We will continue to re-invest and to strive for the highest levels of customer service to invoke responses such as yours.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently had our works Christmas party at the Greenbank and what a night we had. Being welcomed by name on check in set the tone for the evening. Checking in early allowed us to enjoy a glass of wine in the bar before getting ready and enjoy the superb view and active waters - even at this time of year! The main event was our Christmas party which was great fun. I am always unsure of mass produced catering for such events but what we experienced was something that we would expect ordered from the menu in the main restaurant! All the comments around the table were nothing but positive both with food and the rooms that they were staying in. Capped off by quality entertainment we have all been talking about it since. Breakfast overlooking the water was just what the doctor ordered and a walk into town blew the cobwebs away. The perfect mini break for us.

Room Tip: Sea view room a winner.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to report some exceptional feedback on these nights and some exceptional 'partying' was certainly happening by those who attended. I hope that you and your colleagues will fancy joining us again to celebrate this year.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had an extended stay here over the Christmas break which included the 3 night Christmas Package.

The Manager Paul, and his staff were on the whole excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and we rarely had to confirm our room number to anyone more than once!

The views from our room across the river were stunning (despite the rain). The room was very clean, well decorated and had plenty of storage space. (The double glazed windows will need replacing soon and a leaking gutter above was a bit irritating at times during heavy rain).

The bar area is comfortable with stunning views, although we found the temperature to be rather too warm!

The restaurant again has stunning views and although the menu is a little limited, the quality of the food was excellent.

Parts of the hotel are getting a bit "tired" but we understand that some refurbishment has been completed and there is more scheduled.

Overall we loved our stay here and will return.

Room Tip: River/harbour view a must.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple