“Excellent Hotel, friendly staff, stunning views, perfect !”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel, friendly staff, stunning views, perfect !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding. Paid a little extra for harbour views - which I would thoroughly recommend. Friendly staff, good food, great attention to little details. A really nice stay. Short walk down into Falmouth town. Possible limited parking, although we did not find it hard to park here on the harbour wall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Again another lovely review. It means such a great deal to us to read reponses such as these, we will continue to do our best to provide our guests with this kind of experience. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Earlier this year my wife and I stayed for 3 nights and our experience was not too good, see previous feedback titled Tired Greenbank. As a result Paul Goodwin the GM rang me at home to apologise for our experience and explained about their refurb and then asked if we would return again to see Greenbank at its best. We returned and this time had a really enjoyable stay. Great room,great food and their usual impeccable service.

We enjoyed our second stay so much that six of us are returning for the New Year celebrations which promise to be a fun time.

Apologies Paul, if you read this, for not leaving this feedback sooner. I typed it out after our last visit but it appears not to have been posted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank peterthelight
Thank you so much for posting another response. We are very honest in our approach and regrettably, there are odd occasions when a guest will leave having not had the experience we would have liked. I take feedback very seriously (in whatever form) and the fact that you posted a review enabled me to learn about where we could have improved and more importantly, address the issue.
I am so very pleased that your more recent visit is in keeping with how people generally find our hotel... comfortable with good quality food and service available.
I look forward to celebrating with you at New Year.
Nassington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Friendly staff. Lovely location. Nice room. Best cosmopolitans ever, but food in restaurant poor! Could have been an off night but eating elsewhere tonight!! Breakfast very poor: solid scramOverall average due to poor quality of food!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim N
Exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

A pleasant welcoming feel when you enter the hotel and I was very surprised by the size of our room. Yes it has long corrridors but also lots of areas to relax in comfy chairs if you are lucky enough to have the time. Glimpses of the gorgeous view throughout.

The weather had just turned cold and unfortunately the radiator in our room was not working properly so I reported this to recelption on our way out and all had been attended to and working efficiently on our return, so a cosy night and very comfortable beds.

I would definitely return to Greenbank - hopefull for a bit longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The location of the hotel is absolutely amazing but it wasn't a great stay. There was a wedding on when I arrived so there was no parking. My impression is that the wedding clientele is very important to the hotel, possibly more important than other guests. The room I had was opposite the lift on the first floor and the door to my room wasn't very sound proofed so I was woken more than half a dozen times in the night by people coming out of the lift on their way to their rooms. The bed was very comfortable, breakfast was Ok, the staff were pleasant and the view from the breakfast room is exceptional. There was no information in my room about the hotel (except for a room service menu) or about Falmouth and tghe local area, which is usually provided fairly standardly, particularly in a hotel this expensive. I think the prices are high but what you are really paying for it is the view, the rest of it is pretty ordinary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the lift!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CornishGirl1954
Redruth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked a Classic Harbour Facing View for 1 night for my friends wedding back in August for a wedding that was taking place in October. I had asked that if possible that we could have the room slightly earlier (knowing that check in was at 3pm) due to the wedding being at 1.30pm but as my husband and I arrived at the hotel, the room wasn't ready - my husband and I needed to change and unload our case etc. We got changed in the Disabled Toilet. Not really what I wanted. After the wedding had taken place, we were told our room was ready but blimey - you need a sat nav to find the rooms - its like a maze! The level of the staircase landing bannisters are very low and the stairs uneven.
The wedding went very well. Photos need to be co-ordinated by the Wedding Planner in more detail if you decide to use the service. Food was lovely, be it the kitched dropped one of the guests food and said they had no more of his choice of food so he had to opt for another dish. Not sure that would have happened anywhere else.
The room was lovely with a gorgeous view of the harbour. Breakfast was good with self service of cereals, yoghurts etc and then you had a choice from the menu for a Full English.
The venue is ideal for walking into Falmouth and would thoroughly recommend the Classic Rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have used the bar at the hotel on previous visits, but not stayed here before. The hotel is in a good location with wonderful views across the river to Flushing. The restaurant and bar make full use of these views. The bar is very elegant and the staff very smart, friendly and helpful. Restaurant is of a very high standard, lovely evening meal on night one. Bedrooms are clean, fresh and well decorated. Wonderful three night break, absolutely no criticism of any hotel facilities. Will definitely visit again, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Sea views are lovely.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 24 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,061 reviews
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!