“The perfect hotel”

The Royal Duchy Hotel
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
“The perfect hotel”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Booked this hotel to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and were greeted as soon as we got out the car, we checked in then went to the pool/sauna area where we were booked in for a pamper session,WOW the beautician, Michelle(I think), was really polite and friendly and had us relaxed within minutes!we both came out fully refreshed and feeling good,in between the treatments she also sorted out lunch menus. We had cream teas in the afternoon and the scones were awesome, they even sorted some gluten free for my mum (well impressed). Many thanks to the kitchen staff. Later we had our evening meal,we were greeted as we went in and shown to our table,the staff we so polite and friendly. The food was delicious my wife would reccommend the duck which was very moist and tender. Another nice touch was a complimentary bottle of wine from the manager Barry, He was very attentive to all the guests and making sure everything was running smoothly. Our room was lovely with a sea view and a lovely big king sized bed. The whole experience was awesome, I would definately go back and highly reccommend this hotel. A big thank you to all the staff.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. 'Relatively' small for a four star hotel but this is a bonus in my view. The rooms were immaculate, the food was great, the facilities excellent. Small lounges to hide away if preferred though never far from the heart of the hotel.

Please see an extract from my follow-up note to the general manager following my stay:

"Over the last weekend I had the pleasure to stay at your hotel with a large group of my family.

I just wanted to say that I was extremely impressed by your hotel and staff.

I have the dubious pleasure of staying in many hotels around all parts of the world, particularly Europe and North America. This is due to my job. This has led me to develop quite defined views about what makes a good hotel...

I have to say that I have NEVER experienced such faultless service. I was served at various times by a large cross section of your team. Absolutely everyone, without exception, offered courteous, friendly, warm and professional service at all times. From your reception and bar staff to your restaurant and chamber team the service was faultless.

I know from my own experience what a challenge it can be to create this kind of culture that permeates a whole team and business. It is perhaps the hardest thing to get right and I believe you and your team absolutely excel in this regard! Please accept my sincere thanks and congratulations on your unsurpassed levels of customer care.

I would request that you do please pass these comments directly to your own manager, if possible a member of the ownership group. I would like them to hear what an excellent job is being done, though I am sure they must already be aware."

These comments were no exaggeration and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel! I consider myself to be a difficult customer at times who will complain very quickly if I am not happy. In this case I felt compelled to stress what an excellent experience I had at the Royal Duchy.

somerset
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just arrived back from The Royal Duchy after another relaxing stay. The staff can not do enough for you and the Head Waiter is first class also Steve the wine waiter is great there is nothing he does not know about wines. Everything about the Hotel is first class. I think it is a shame that they have droped the dress code as all the peole that work there are dressed really nice and some of the guests who stay dress so scruffy it does not go with the Hotel.So if you want good food a relaxing break then the Royal Duchy has it all. I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff that looked after us.

Room Tip: The rooms which face the sea are lovely rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank somerset618
N.Devon
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spent 3 nights here last week and this will be approaching our 10th year of visiting. Never had a bad experience, hence! At no point do the the staff disappoint. Michael and his team are a credit to this lovely Hotel. I've seen previous comments about it being 'tired' and 'outdated' etc. Buckingham Palace probably is! Falmouth has everything for everyone and if you fancy a nice walk follow the coast road (left out of the Hotel) and walk into town. Thanks again.

Banbury
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is luxurious, freshly decorated, clean, well staffed, beautifully located and very relaxing. The old-fashioned care and courtesy is always apparent but it's obvious that Brend, the family hotel group, also ensure modern day requirements are catered for - free wifi, interesting dinner menu. We stayed as a couple and really enjoyed the sunbeds on the lawn, overlooking the sea, and great service from all the staff. Prices were reasonable. There is a lovely indoor pool, but it could be improved by having an adult only swimming period each day.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you wish to be looked after and relax by the sea, away from the centre of Falmouth, but within easy walking distance of the lively little town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth never fails to impress us. We are a large family with 4 young children, once again we were looked after extremely well by the staff and felt very comfortable within the hotel as it caters for children in every way. From the bedroom organisation to meal times, everything was taken care of to suit our needs. There is a lovely playroom for the children with wii, board games, drawing etc. and outside on the lawn a lovely galleon to play on and other outdoor games to keep them entertained.
This hotel is the luxury you want when you travel with the added conveniences you like when you have children in tow! Thank you Royal Duchy.

2 Thank legselevenDevon
Reigate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Only stayed one night and travelled for business from London. Long drive and very glad I booked here as it was just fabulous in all respects. Shame I was only staying the one night. Definately recommended.

Room Tip: Sea view!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nigelwallace-iles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel
#1 of 2 in Mawnan Smith
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Royal Duchy Hotel? Share your experiences!