The Lerryn Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$251
Hotels.com
$167
$162
Orbitz.com
All reviewshonesty barfeta cheeseon arrivalsea viewroad parkingfamily run hotellovely little hotelfriendly hotelbreakfast was deliciousbiscuitscornish breakfastsea frontwarm welcomeminute walk to the beachroom was spaciousperfect locationtown centre
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We booked an overnight stay at the Lerryn when we were returning our daughter to Uni and could not have wished for a better night stay. We received a friendly welcome on our arrival and thought the complimentary cup of tea was a wonderful touch especially as our daughter (who was not staying with us) was also catered for. Our room was nicely decorated, clean and with a wonderful sea view. We enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was fantastic, I particularly recommend the full cornish. We were especially grateful that the Lerryn were happy to let our daughter join us for breakfast for which we paid a small supplement. Such a friendly, clean hotel with a wonderful atmosphere. We would not hesitate in returning.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Klc_Travel19
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed at the Lerryn after booking short notice to attend a funeral. The Lerryn is fab in both the welcome from the owners, coffee or tea on arrival with a lovely room to stay in. Hotel and rooms spotless and with the hotel being owned and operated by a family it showed in service, food and cleanliness. We were greeted by Fuji a great little and I do mean little Yorkshire Terrier whose bark was definitely worth the greeting. There is also Bear who could forget him and Poppy, who is shy and not around so much. Although the dogs were around they did not cause any problem and knew not to go into the dining room being very well behaved. We had evening meals both nights we stayed and they were very very good. They have an honour system in the bar with plenty of choice. We had Room 4 which was great I had read that it was considered small but saying that it was a double shower with plenty of space in the bathroom. We would definitely go back because we really enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with sea view well worth them
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maisie35
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My stay this weekend was completely unplanned. Due to the severe weather and Great Western not being able to guarantee getting my son to Truro I was faced with the great journey to Falmouth from London again. I rang the Lerryn in a panic on Friday afternoon to see if they would have any availability knowing that this weekend is the big return to Uni and lots of parents would be taking their offspring back. Matt reassured me there was no need to panic and there would be a room ready for me even though with the weather I did not know when I'd arrive. On arriving he'd upgraded me to a double room at no extra charge but apologised as it was not one of the refurbished ones. No need for apology. The room had a spectacular view of the (rough) sea and Pendennis castle but it was lovely and cosy and immaculately clean. It was also extremely quiet - I did not hear a soul and I normally hear the grass growing. The bed was very comfy and I had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was delicious - a Cornish full breakfast and it was perfectly cooked. I loved the white pudding. Until now I had not tasted any in England that could compare with what I get back home in Ireland but this was delicious. The Lerryn is a lovely family run hotel and I honestly cannot recommend it highly enough. Excellent value for money and a credit to the family who run it. I'll be back in June (and September)...and ......

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Have stayed on more than one occasion. Lovely warm welcome, rooms decorated to a good standard, very nice breakfast and helpful staff.

Added bonus that they also allow dogs!

Will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to visit falmouth for a week in mid december 2013 and booked a single room just 2 days before very easily online.On arriving by train I found that it was just a 5 min walk from Falmouth Town Station and on arrival I was greeted very warmly and had been upgraded to a double bed room at no extra cost. I found the whole weeks stay was just what I had hoped for,quiet with virtually no traffic around the hotel,just 1 minute walk to the seafront and 10 minutes walk to the town centre and harbour.
Extremely helpfull and caring family run hotel with everything I needed and the food was excellent with the bed more comfortable than my own at home and I think we all know how good that feels.
I really liked the informal atmosphere and the feeling of trust given to guests such as the honesty bar which makes such a pleasant change from the norm,I would recommend it to any one,it was great value and money well spent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo