“Warm and Welcoming”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
bristol
“Warm and Welcoming”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Lerryn a few weeks ago as our daughter had an interview at the Woodlane Campus. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Matt, who carried our bags into our room and brought us a pot of tea and biscuits making us feel at home. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean! The next morning we were completely spoilt with a delicious breakfast. We would highly recommend this hotel and we would defiantly return! Thank You for a very pleasant stay Angela, Brian, Emma

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Crouch End MusHill London
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the Lerryn to attend an Offer Open day at the Tremough Campus. After a horrendous 5 and1/2 hour journey from London in high winds and beating rain and a minor crash on the M4/M5 roadworks (someone ran into the back of us), we were warmly greeted by the owners at Reception. A Complimentary pot of tea, biscuits and fresh juice for my two children was brought straight to our room to help us relax from the journey. The room was beautiful. Recently refurbished to a high standard with very comfortable beds, soft Egyptian cotton bedding and double glazed windows. It was lovely, cosy and very quiet (its in a lovely quiet residental road) and we had a great nights sleep. No noise whatsoever. Breakfast was delicious (included in the room price) and nothing was too much trouble for either the family or the girls who helped out in the morning.
The accident had knocked out a sensor on my cars' rear bumper and it was hanging down precariously which I'd mentioned on arrival whilst we were chatting about the journey. At Tremough campus the next day, I spotted that the owner of the hotel had taped up my sensor early that morning without me knowing - it was now secured into position with the tape ready for the return trip to London. Now that is kindness and hospitality at its best. I will definitely be returning to the Lerryn and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small hotel with a personal touch.

Hartpury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We found this hotel whilst looking for some dog friendly accommodation. And it was a good find!! Perfectly comfortable for both humans & dogs with lovely friendly staff, who are were more than happy to advise on places to go for walks etc. The breakfasts were excellent and, as a Scot, I can highly recommend the porridge - although my husband was very impressed by the full Cornish! We were also impressed by some of the lovely artwork dotted about the place. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaMarchant
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked a one night stay for my partner and I for our Anniversary for a change from every day home life. We stayed in a top floor room which looked out across Falmouth Bay and Pendennis Castle which was a very impressive view to wake up to. The room was spotlessly clean as was the entire hotel and it had everything you'd ever need including a comfy bed. The Owners and staff were very enthusiastic to give us a comfortable stay and nothing was too much trouble for them even though the hotel was full the weekend we stayed. Breakfast menu had a wide variety of choice including a true Cornish fry-up which may I add was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend staying at this warm and welcoming hotel which in all was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucks
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A very clean, welcoming and comfortable hotel. It was centrally located and well priced. We had booked two rooms, one double, and a single for our daughter. Both were spotless. The staff were genuinely friendly and we would certainly go there again or recommend to friends.

Gloucestershire
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Lerryn and was made very welcome by the owners. The hotel has changed owners recently so please disregard the negative reviews from some years back!
Because we wanted a family room we had the large room on the ground floor with the bay window, Lyn was apologetic that this room had not yet been refurbished but there was absolutely nothing wrong with it apart from the furniture being a bit out of date. lovely bay window seat. Beds comfortable (the double was massive!) and the only thing I would ask for is a simple hook lock on the bathroom door as it is a sliding one and makes one feel rather nervous when on the toilet!
Breakfast delicious. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cornwall
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been meaning to write this review for months now but here goes!
I booked this hotel for a one night stay for me and my daughters, two nights stay for 4 couples from Ireland and a one night stay for a family of four. Poor Hannah was inundated with my emails!!! Sorry. I think I changed rooms, dates, names about ten times but not once did the hotel make me feel like a pain. Quite the opposite in fact. I needed a spacious room to get ready the next day as I was reviewing my wedding vows at Pendennis Castle. The Lerryn fit the bill perfectly for everything.
On arrival we were shown to our room, the family ground floor. Perfect. Nice and spacious and airy. My stepson and his partner and two children were staying in this very room on the next night. They had put a travel cot in for them and a large box of toys for the children. How nice and thoughtful. I was even given a lovely bottle of prosecco!!!
The hotel is warm and friendly. Lovely building, well looked after.
The bar is an honesty bar. What a lovely touch, a hotel trusting its guests impeccably to help themselves at the bar and put the money in the tankard. I did have a sneaky g&t ( in my pjs I might add) that's how at home I felt here!
Breakfast was amazing. Excellent service, produce. I would go back again for the breakfast alone. I have stayed in some very lovely hotels and The Lerryn is right up there with them on food, service and excellence.
Would I recommend to my family, yes! Would I recommend to friends, yes!!
Thank you to everyone for a wonderful stay

• Stayed November 2012