“Very Friendly”

Nepalese Gurkha Cuisine
Ranked #71 of 234 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spacious curry house with a casual vibe, serving Indian staples and Nepalese regional dishes.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

On our first night in Falmouth we didnt know where to eat so we saw the bright lights of the Gurkha restaurant and thought that we would try it. We were not disappointed especially when our waiter realised that I had been to Nepal and even to his home town just outside Kathmandu.
We tried the waiters recommendation which was a lamb dish and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food at The Gurkha Restaurant is without doubt the best Nepalese food we have ever eaten. It is consistent in its quality and quantity. Spiced just to your taste, just ask the Chef to prepare it how you like it and it never fails to impress. As I am a Coeliac and find it difficult to eat out, you only need to let the staff at the Gurkha know your dietary requirements and it is never a problem. I have never been ill, unlike many other restaurants who tell me it is gluten free when clearly it is not! The staff at this family owned restaurant could not be more pleasant or helpful. Plus its great to know that they received a 5 star hygiene rating. Judge it for yourself, but my husband and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Was really looking forward to this place but was bitterly disappointed. Had special biryani and it was bland and tasteless. The couple of chunks of meat that I did find were tough and overcooked and the accompanying vegetable curry was very watery and "bloated" with peas, carrots and other vegetables I have never had in a biryani before.
Shame, as the staff & service was excellent and my colleagues all enjoyed their meals. This is the only reason this review is getting 2

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just visited for the first time this year – easy stop off after a movie. Very friendly staff with a great Nepalese menu - Saag Chicken has to be a favourite.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

thought I would phone through my order to avoid a wait , 1st the girl on the phone coudnt add up my order , when I got there I was handed my meal no-one attempted to take my money , only when I checked the contents I noticed my starter was missing , so I did wait while this was prepared , when I got home the order was ok but not mine I ordered EVEREST SPECIAL madras hot , this consisted of 2 pieces of chewy chicken 2 pieces of lamb and maybe 3 prawns onions and peppers but no sauce ??? not hot like a madras or spicy very disappointed at £10 sorry but probably one of the worst curries I have ever had , and I have eaten curry for the last 40 yrs