“Great food”

Nepalese Gurkha Cuisine
Ranked #58 of 226 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Nepali
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I first visited the Nepalese Gurkha after being recommended by a member of the kitchen staff who was pleased to tell me that all meals are prepared from scratch to order. Every meal (both in the restaurant and to take away) I have had has been delicious. The platter has a mixture of curry and sides for a very reasonable price (less than £10 for curry, rice, 3 sides and naan). They are excellent for vegetarians and do student discount which is great.

• Visited April 2013

“A pretty good meal!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been here many times, the restaurant on the first floor is pretty uninspiring and unexciting but the chicken chilli garlic is ace! Coupled with a side dish and chilli naan makes for a spicy evening! The Gurkha beer is cold and refreshing. Central to town, the food not the ambiance comes first here.

• Visited June 2013
Truro, United Kingdom
“Service, not the quickest, but food... AMAZING”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have eaten at the Gurkha many times before, but only just realised, I had not reviewed this.

Me and my boyfriend visited on Friday night, as a change from a weekend takeaway, or somewhere else that we go to regularly. He hadn't been there before, so it was my treat!

When I called them to book, the waitress just said 'Hello?', I thought I had called a house number by accident. When I asked to book a table, the reaction I got was almost like 'Why are you booking?'

Anyway -
Great food, large portions and lots of variety on the menu for people that go for the ever so British choice... Chicken KORMA!

After our poppadoms at the beginning, we were then given our main course. No one came over to us, when they actually saw that my boyfriends drink was empty. And after we had finished eating, the waitress saw our table, but did not come over to clear it, or to offer us a desert menu. In the end, we just went to the front desk to pay and leave, and bought an ice cream at the sea front.

A bit of a shame that the service from the waitress, let down the experience of the meal. The food was lovely, and would still visit. But considering how quiet it was, the service could have been miles better.

I was given a 20% off voucher for the next time I eat there, which is valid until July 15th.

• Visited June 2013
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Superb Nepalese Food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Gurkha has got to be one of the best Nepalese restaurants in the country. Having dined there on numerous occasions the food is consistently good. With such an enormous choice of authentic Nepalese dishes on the menu it's difficult to decide what to order. Friendly and helpful staff are happy to make suggestions. A relaxed atmosphere where you can take your time and enjoy the superb cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Face lift needed!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As you climb the stairs it looks fairly grim as the carpet is dirty which is not a good first impression. Inside is fine and the staff are friendly. The food was tasty but mine was cold and had to be sent back, and by the time it arrived back the rice waiting on the heated plate had gone cold but it didn't matter as it was heated up by my piping hot curry. I don't think I'd bother going back again as there are better eateries around.

• Visited May 2013