“Quirky enjoyment”

Dolly's Tea Room & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Falmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dolly’s is a tea room and wine bar in the centre of Falmouth which opened in July 2011 in one of the most beautiful rooms in town. During the day it is a traditional tea room serving illy coffee, teapigs, cream teas and cakes. It then transforms in the evening to a candlelit wine bar serving delicious tapas, wine by the glass, jug and bottle. Cocktails are served in teapots and poured into vintage teacups with ice cubes in sugar bowls. Furnished with chapel chairs and reclaimed tables it has a very relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. It is also dog friendly and Hebe, Dolly’s yellow Labrador, is a permanent fixture.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Quirky enjoyment”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A great little place over Famouth book shop-Victorian style tea room serving tea and cakes- and lovely cocktails in teapots with china cupos- great fun!
Evenings becomes a restaurant- we loved the tapas menu- order less than you think or you won't fit in pudding!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank suziehbabe

London, England, United Kingdom
“Little Treasure”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came across this tea room on a wet and windy day in Falmouth - and what a little treasure it was. The tables are set out in what was someone's large living room, which was tastefully decorated. We both had the high tea which consisted of a round of sandwiches and the most delicious warmed scones with clotted cream and jam. The tea, although I can't remember which brand it was, very nice a d it was brought in a large pot, of which me and hubby each had 3 cups of. The food and tea is all served in very fine china cups and plates and the owners dog sat at our feet waiting for some titbits - this didn't bother us as we're dog lovers although others may find it off putting. I think the price at £7.50 for each tea was slightly high but I think it was well worth it to sit in the comfort and decadent surroundings of this charming tea house.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dewberry64
Bury, United Kingdom
“Marvellous !”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We called in for afternoon tea. I had chocolate guinness cake and my husband had a cream tea. Both were divine. The owner was very charming and chatted to our son as we enjoyed our tea and cake. Hebe the dog was adorable and we resisted the temptation to feed her! A very pleasant time was had by all. Thank You x

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank liscolsam
Dolly M, Owner at Dolly's Tea Room & Wine Bar, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your review - we have just worked out how to respond. We are jolly proud to say that since your visit Hebe has lost a whopping 3 kilos. She looks like a new dog and is even bouncier! Hopefully it will stay off until your next visit!
Mawnan Smith, United Kingdom
“Lunch with Parents”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I LOVE Dolly's. It's like sitting in my Grandad's front room - in a good way! There's quirky knick-knacks, a cute teapot collection and amazing food. I came here with my husband and parents for lunch. The sandwiches are lovely; local produce features heavily on the menu. I had the croque monsieur - it was heavenly! Also another great thing is the fact they serve teapig tea, which as a tea lover, is fantastic. I'm yet to try dinner here, but my husband has promised to take me soon - can't wait!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank EMcT1985
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredibly quaint!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Bunting, vintage teapots, yummy cakes, cute dog and even cuter waitresses.. what more could you want?

• Visited August 2012