“Brilliant Sunday Roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #49 of 226 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Pub with locally sourced, high quality food. Casual dining; order from bar but then waiter service. Eat in our dining area, bar, al fresco on the patio or on our covered balcony, enjoying the exceptional views for which we are renowned.
UK
“Brilliant Sunday Roast”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Being extremely wary of Sunday roasts anywhere but my own (or my mum's) kitchen, a serious hangover dictated a visit to the boathouse. Very glad I did. I had the roast beef, and it is undoubtedly the best roast lunch I have ever had in a pub.

The mashed Swede actually tasted like the inside of a Cornish pasty! Fantastic. All the veg was excellent, my only comment regarding the beef would be that it was quite well done, whereas my preference is medium rare. Having said that, mass catering of roasts is not an easy thing to do, and it really was fantastic. All washed down with warm mulled cider. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SanClemente

Truro, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had a meal with friends recently in the new enclosed dining area. Fabulous view, great food at a reasonable price and delightful staff. Thumbs up!

• Visited November 2013
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Boasthouse barbaric beef!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went on a sunday for their 'legendary' roast. Restaurant was quiet, however had a considerable wait from kitchen. After a lengthy wait in their chilly restaurant, our lukewarm food finally turned up. I chose the beef, which was chewy, overcooked and clearly the last few slices of the joint. After attempting a mouthful of fat, I managed to grab the waitresses attention and explained the situation, and politely suggested if there were any other meats, that I would be happy to swap for something else as the beef was inedible. To which i received a blank stare before she walked away without comment. By the time the supervisor returned to deal with my complaint, the rest of the table had long finished eating (25 mins!!) he silently removed my plate and took it to the kitchen. He returned 5 mins later to explain that there was 'nothing wrong with the meat'. Gobsmacked, I asked him to try the meat himself, to which he refused! He then offered me a complimentary (small) glass of wine, in place of a meal that i had paid £12 for. I declined this offer and explained that i had not paid £12 for a plate of overcooked potatoes and vegetables. He sighed, turned his back on me, marched over to the till, came back and LITERALLY threw my £12 back at me, which was accompanied by a stern 'here's your money back then!'. Embarassed, I walked out and vowed never to return back to a place with such disgusting customer service and a complete disregard for a genuine problem which could have been solved straight away.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Laura B
Bruges, Belgium
“Great place !”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Food was wonderful and so was the crew working there. Great smoking facilities as well. Beware of the Porthleven ale though :-)

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Excellent Views”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Situatted at the top of Falmouth's old High Street the Boathouse is a pub with a lot of character, the vews from the outside decking area are fantastic. The food is good quality pub food which is reasonably priced and plentiful put this together with a wide selction of beers and is well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013