“The Shack is Superb”

The Shack
Ranked #10 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Shack - a rustic shellfish bar in bustling Events Square, Falmouth, where the food is always fresh! Relaxed dining in an unrivalled atmosphere - with the focus on sparklingly fresh, local seafood. The idea is simple: sociable food and a fun, hands-on approach to shellfish. We've got something for everyone, from shellfish of every variety to fish of the day, steak, vegetarian options and a children's menu. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had lunch here last week and it was one of the best meals we had in Cornwall. The fish & chips I had was just perfect as was the Whitebait my husband had.

It is located virtually next door to the Maritime Museum ( also a great visit )

All in all a fabulous place to stop and eat.
Miss it and you'll be sorry .......

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This restaurant does what it says on the tin. Fish, lots of it and really well cooked and presented. When we went the restaurant was busy but the staff were still friendly and helpful.
I had pre-booked a lobster, a good move as the available crustaceans disappeared rapidly over the evening. My wife had fish and chips, the fish (and chips) were superb. Good house wine complemented the meal.
We would go again, not cheap but worth every penny.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had eaten out in Falmouth before but decided to give The Shack a go and wasn't disappointed. I had brown crab and my friend the fish of the day; both were delicious. Staff were friendly, attentive and good fun. The overall cost - starter, main, and a couple of glasses of wine each, proved to be quite reasonable. Notwithstanding I visited over a Bank Holiday weekend I would recommend booking, at least 10 couples were turned away during our time in the restaurant. Would I re-visit? Yes definitely.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Having reviewed Trip Advisor for the best places to eat during our weeks stay in Falmouth. We just managed to get a table by booking the day before-I think we were lucky so insure you book. If you don't like fishy dishes then don't go. If you do like seafood then this is the place for you. We enjoyed a Shack Stack between two and it was superb.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Decided to give another Falmouth based seafood restaurant a go and was pleasantly surprised.

Whilst seafood seems an easy option to deliver, delivering it well is the hard bit that so many restaurants get deeply wrong. I was pleased to experience The Shack doing it reasonably well.

We had mussels, prawns which were great, Scollops also delicious, fries that were good too and we wish we had tried the yummy and humongous looking lobsters.

The muscle sauce could do with some work as its a tad over powering but the prawns and Scollops were grand. Also the bread needs attention as its a bit super market and does no justice to the dishes.

The environment needs some serious designing as whilst its trying to be all shack like it feels a bit more like a shabby storage room where some weak, unwanted and unloved memorabilia from garden centres has been left. Not being harsh, just honest as The Shack has huge potential but equally massive competition. A bit more attention to the spec and execution of the cosmetic decor is required.

Service was great, friendly and relaxed. Maybe a bit too relaxed at points as we waited a while for plates to be cleared and the bill to come.

All good but still a way to go before being at the level of say the Wheelhouse and alike...