“Brilliant!”

The Shack
Ranked #10 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Shack - a rustic shellfish bar in bustling Events Square, Falmouth, where the food is always fresh! Relaxed dining in an unrivalled atmosphere - with the focus on sparklingly fresh, local seafood. The idea is simple: sociable food and a fun, hands-on approach to shellfish. We've got something for everyone, from shellfish of every variety to fish of the day, steak, vegetarian options and a children's menu. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I'm still sat in the restaurant but I just have to share my experience before I forget the details..

I can't fault this place. We had the shack stack which is a mixed platter of brown crab, oysters, razor clams, scallops, mussels and prawns. I wasn't sure about the crab as I'm usually not a fan, but it was really good! Reasonably priced bottle of nice prosecco, friendly staff and good ambience. It's a bit quirky with lobster creels (or whatever they're called), fish nets and old sea food signs and it all adds to the lovely atmosphere. If I ever come back to Falmouth this will be my first stop. In fact, I might even come back tomorrow!

Perfect for a romantic dinner or family outing alike. Well done guys!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had the crab (huge!) and prawns (yummy) - really nice service and reasonably priced. The portions are generous so order wisely!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wauu.. what an array of seafood and as we are that way inclined we had an amazing meal.
Service was polite and helpful with plenty of finger bowls etc. and the food was stunning.
We had deep-fried squid with sweet chilli sauce and shared a whole lobster with skinny chips, samphire and aoili. It was a no nonsense approach to seafood.. best best way ;o)
Will be back as soon as we can..

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Didn't have time to eat in so was able to purchase a wonderful crab sandwich to take home. It was the best I've ever tasted. Lovely fresh nutty brown bread full of tasty fresh crab. Superb! Can't wait for my next trip to Falmouth.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This felt more like a cafe than a restaurant which would have been fine if the prices were cafe prices, the lobster bisque was vry watery and tastless, the main course half lobster was very nice but the meal left us feeling hungry.

1  Thank JoyCyprus
T0b123, Owner at The Shack, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am slightly bemused by your comments. I don’t really think we feel like a café. I agree we don’t have table cloths and cotton napkins but then who’d want that if you’re coming in to get stuck into a bowl of prawns or smash a crab?
We have never served a lobster bisque so unfortunately I cannot comment.
You ordered lobster which is the most expensive item on the menu –
We are very well priced compared to other restaurants.
I’m glad you enjoyed your lobster - Perhaps you ordered a small lobster?, in which case it may well have left you hungry, If you are looking to be filled up and want lobster, its probably best not to order a small one or perhaps not order something not so delicate?

Kind Regards