“Food very average”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Food very average”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Carvery was very disappointing, although the main chef was apparently not on duty that day. But I wouldnt rush back due to this one bad experience

1 Thank sdcharris

Devizes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a deal”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Came across the Fourwinds by chance at 8.30pm on a Wednesday and was attracted by the offer of a carvery. Little did we know we were to eat 2 Carvery meals 2 drinks and a syrup sponge dessert for £18....yes £18 it was of reasonable quality and as we were the last to be served (as the carvery closes at 9.00) over generous quantity. The restaurant soon emptied just after 9.00 but the staff were happy to supply us with a dessert and we never felt rushed into leaving although it was apparent they were ready to close. This was fantastic value for money but I believe this is a mid-week special and am unaware of the "daily" price..........Go on a Wednesday, and be very pleasantly surprised.....

Visited August 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Oh dear 2nd visit not good”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having taken a meal with friends at this restaurant in late June and found it quite acceptable I decided that on my July visit to Cornwall to return to the Fourwinds. It could not have been more different. The waitress was charming and the restaurant decor still pleasant BUT:- our table of 4 was one of the only two tables being used the other table just a couple. We waited for a meal for quite an unacceptable length of time and when it came it was terrible. Not all items on the plates were hot and the steak that two of our party had was inedible consisting just of gristle. My chilli con carne was hot but tasteless not at all enjoyable. We complained to no effect and so did the other couple on the other table one of whom found and a piece of metal in his meal. What a shame, this is a great location, nicely decorated, pretty gardens. They so need to up their game if they want to carry on trading.

• Visited July 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very reasonably priced, pleasant service Ideal for Families on a budget”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Had dinner here with 3 friends, service was friendly and efficient and food very acceptable. OK not great cuisine but restaurnant prices in this area are very high for what is often not very good so this was more than a pleasant change. Had no complaints to make from any of the party and would certainly return. Great place to take children if you are on a budget compared to anywhere else in Falmouth. Is in easy distance of the major attraction but has large quiet and safe garden with play equipment for the children but still pleasant enough decor to suit the adults. Wednesday and Sunday there is a 5.95 carvery. Anyone making complaints about this venue has not taken into account that it costs so much cheaper than anywhere else and gives extrememly good value. 4 mains, 3 desserts 4 glasses of wine and orange juice and two glasses of coke came to less than £50.00.

• Visited July 2012
Penryn, United Kingdom
“Has so much potential to be a GREAT resturant!But fails on to many points!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Today myself and my partner tried the Fourwinds for the first time.I've read some reviews on here before,and they were some what average.So to be honest, I wasn't expecting much! Well, I was impressed on some things, the food was ok. worth the £5, this was the mid week offer price, so I wouldn't be so keen to pay nearly £10. We arrived at almost the end of lunchtine service, so I'd guess everything had been sat there a while, but the meat was nice. We opted for a little of each on offer. The Beef, was lovely.In fact the nicest I'd had in a carvery resturant for a while, so was the ham. They offerd little portions of pork loins?which I thought a little strange, usually when pork is offered on a carvery its carved from the joint?The only time I've had pork like this,was with a mixed grill.But it was still ok. The veg was a let down though, cheap peas and sweetcorn, tasted like they were from a can. The potatoes were rather hard too. But this is a problem I know all resturants have, so I wasn't expecting them to be amazing. I know I've criticised, but generally I did like it. And to be honest, you can't buy much for a 5er nowadays,and frankly, it is was it is.Bargain food. Would I go again? maybe I would! wasn't the best by a long shot, but certainly not the worst.
This place could be transformed into a lovely pub!with some new furniture, and bit more effort to the food and my biggest complaint, NO DISABLED TOILETS OR BABY CHANGING FACILITIES. My 10mth old daughter needed changing,and I had to balance her on the side of the basin in the ladies toilets!In this day and age, I find it hard to believe there aren't any facilities for me to change the baby,nor for people in wheelchairs.And it looks like this resturant caters mainly for OAP's looking for a bargain lunch.
This could be made into a great family resturant pub, and if Weatherspoons can keep there seats full with people day in day out, the fourwinds can too! This place should be packed out, I think with a new direction it possiblly could be!

• Visited June 2012