I stayed at the Penmorvah Manor Hotel for one night on business. I was a little bit apprehensive about the stay after reading the reviews on here but have nothing but praise for this place having experienced it for myself.
Here's what you need to know if you are thinking about staying here...
1. The staff. Neil, the manager and his deputy, Sally are both fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I don't think that we were the easiest of people to satisfy but they dealt with every request and question that we had without batting an eyelid.
2. The rooms. I don't usually sleep well when I'm not at home, but the bed (in room 26) was a dream. The sea view was also lovely and the en suite bathroom was bigger than my bedroom at home. Both bathroom and bedroom were spotless.
3. Location. The hotel is a good drive out of Falmouth but I actually quite liked being away from the hustle and bustle. It is a very peaceful.
4. The food. The local WI had their Christmas party on the night that we stayed. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me! Our evening meal and breakfast were both excellent.
5. The red wine number 4 on the wine list - very yummy Shiraz!
6. If you are a fan of sleek lines and contemporary designs, this is not the place for you. There are flowers on every bedspread, strip of wall paper and cushion! Not my taste at all, but the hotel still has a good atmosphere and the pros far outweigh the single con.
Would I stay here again? Yes, absolutely. We had excellent service, it was good value and our experience was a very positive one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful 27 room Country House Hotel, (extended in 1990) with lovely woodland gardens, self catering cottages and room for enchanting weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Penmorvah Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Falmouth
- Falmouth Courtyard
- Penmorvah Manor Hotel Falmouth, Cornwall