“Fish & Chips as they should be!”
Review of Rick Stein's Fish

Rick Stein's Fish
Ranked #42 of 230 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Fish and seafood restaurant in Falmouth, with classic fish and chips at the heart of the menu and a selection of Rick Stein’s favourite seafood dishes.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had a 2-course set lunch, great value at £12.95 each. We both went for fish & chips (how could you not at Rick Stein's?). Fish & chips cooked to perfection.
Restaurant really busy for a November lunch-time. Discovered that over 60's can eat for £4.95, no wonder most other diners were of that age group, who would blame them!?
Highly recommend if you're in Falmouth.

There are newer reviews for Rick Stein's Fish

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We visited here for our lunch and the staff were very attentive from the start. Nice friendly welcome and we were seated straight away. Restaurant was packed with constant stream of customers but I can't say I was overly impressed I'm afraid. I had cod, chips, mushy peas and tartar sauce served with pot of tea and bread and butter which came to just over £28 for the 2 of us. For this I would have expected more for my money. Fish was very good quality but the bread and butter was 3 tiny slices!! Would I go back? Maybe I would .... but I certainly wouldn't be rushing back any time soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very nice restaurant wit ha great atmosphere.
Nice selected menu with dishes that tasted great. Has a nice view that problably feels even better with the arrival of bright summer evenings.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were welcomed and seated within minutes of arriving at a clean and comfortable table at the heart of the restaurant with great harbor views. There was seven of us and because it was Tuesday my parents had the vintage lunch( over 60 yrs only) of fish chips and mushy peas for only 4.95 each! Tasty bargain and that happens every Tuesday so they are definitely returning as they don't live far. My sister and niece had the Goujons of plaice with chips and salad which was devoured. My son a very fussy eater who does not like batter or chips! he had grilled plaice and mixed salad with a little parsley butter and he loved it, fantastic restaurant to accommodate. They will grill any fish with parsley butter if that's what you want, you just need to ask even if it is not on the menu. My husband had a specials boards choice of crab and rice was fantastically tasty. i had good old fish chips and mushy peas at there best. Fantastic meal out can't wait to return. Thank you.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited "Rick Stein's Fish" (this statement throws up up a lot of connotations, but on this occasion it was his Falmouth Bay restaurant) in late October, a few days before a hurricane was due to land. The restaurant is across the square from the National Maritime Museum, which is where we came from after a morning's exploration of that magnificent building.

The restaurant interior is clean with floor to ceiling (white) tiles, solid wooden tables, bench seats and bar chairs (window seats). In high summer this would be a cool and refreshing environment to enjoy a meal and a drink but on a blowy autumn day it felt a bit clinical.

We went for a fish curry and battered haddock and chips. We waited for about 10-15 minutes for our meals (can't be sure, we weren't in a hurry). The fish was prepared and cooked fresh and worth the wait.

My haddock and chips was huge, accompanied by generous portions of tartre sauce and mushy peas. I got to work straight away on the fish which had been perfectly cooked in a crispy batter. The haddock was neither dry or undercooked and well with the tartre sauce. Both fish & chips had been cooked in beef dripping, this added a wonderful depth of flavour to everything.

Only after cleaning my plate did I realise I forgot to add vinegar (unforgivable when eating fish & chips in the UK). This possibly shows how good it was without!

I tried some of the fish curry, this was as good as I've tasted in any high end Indian restaurant.

To finish I had a piece of sunken chocolate cake with a serviceable scoop of clotted cream, followed by a double espresso.

By this time I had warmed to our surroundings (maybe because the wind was trying to whip up the tables and chairs on the other side of the window) and felt like delaying our exit.

We paid about £13 each without the drinks. My two courses were part of a meal deal. All of this was brilliant value.

The service was friendly, and the restaurant maintained a brisk stream of trade while we were there. Mr Stein should be assured that everything done his name was excellent.