“Best hummus ever!!”

Courtyard Deli
Ranked #41 of 226 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
“Best hummus ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

What a fantastic little treasure of a cafe with most delicious hummus and black olives ever! An absolute gem of a place with lovely staff. Can't wait to go back

• Visited April 2014

“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is tucked away, up a little side street, behind some shops in the centre of the town.
A real hidden little gem!
If you can find it - I am sure you will like it.

There is a lovely deli where you can purchase items to eat there or take home.

With seating outside and upstairs, where there is a cafe.

The food is always fresh, tasty and a good selection to choose from.

The service is always friendly.

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for and I think it's worth it for the quality if the ingredients.

I can and do recommend this deli.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank M3N_XX
Pangbourne, United Kingdom
“Tasty salads!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by a local we found the restaurant just off the High St. Simple menu with plenty of vegetarian options, delicious salads and spanakopita. Friendly staff. Real value for money.

Visited March 2014
barnsley
“Valentines evening at The Courtyard Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Tonight was our first visit to the Courtyard Deli in Falmouth, it certainly wont be the last. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was excellent and the ambiance was perfect which made for a very special evening for us..

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BarnsleyRaiders
Bath, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't choose to go back now”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I loved this place the first few times I visited, but recently I think it has lost its magic.

The last time I visited is a case in point. Our hot drinks that we ordered took twenty minutes to arrive. One of the things that really annoys me is when food is brought before drinks - here this happened. We had our brie and bacon sandwiches brought 10 minutes before our drinks; when I said we hadn't received our drinks, we were told by a female server that there was a backlog of drinks; no apology.

What about the food. Well the bacon was cold. Who wants cold bacon in their sandwich? In fact, I don't think I've ever been served that before, and it suggests that they don't cook it to order. The brie had no flavour, and I very much doubt it was anything they actually sell in their deli. And because of the lack of flavour, all one could taste was the strong flavour of the sweet relish. Accompanying the sandwich came potato salad and crisps; a different salad would have been preferred with crisps really.

Half way through eating our sandwiches, our coffees were brought. Again no apology from the male server, even though the family next to us had received two apologies by now. Perhaps they felt two men did not require an apology...

Good points; the bread was nice, the coffee was lovely, the woman on the counter was friendly. But for the prices you're paying I would have expected better service and food. Finally the menu seems to have been redone, but with quite a few things missing - no cappuccino, or latte for instance..

Next time I visit Falmouth I shall check out the coffee shops on Kiligrew Street.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank bathreviewsmc
ilovefoodevenmore, Owner at Courtyard Deli, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your review, we always appreciate feedback and I apologise that this visit didn't meet up to our usual standards... I would be very happy to offer you a complimentary lunch when you are next in Falmouth please do just drop us a line via email so that we can organise that for you.

There are a couple of points I must mention though; I personally write the menus and deal with procurement of products and can assure you that we certainly wouldn't advertise something on our menu that wasn't fact. We use the 'King of Bries' - Brie de Meaux in our brie sandwiches even if it isn't always appreciated as it should be. The bacon is always served hot and fresh, if yours had cooled down a little more than you would have liked I apologise and would have happily promptly replaced it for you had you mentioned it at the time. You also raised the 'Price' in both this and your earlier review of a previous visit and I have to say I find it very hard to understand? The average price of a dish on our menu is £6... and the feedback we normally receive is that the quality surpasses this price point. We use some of the best cheeses and charcuterie in the world, bake all of our own bread and cook 99% of the menu from scratch; we even have to give almost 20% of that £6 to the VAT man... You can't even get a McDonalds for much less?!

Again I apologise that we didn't quite meet your expectations this time and I look forward to you getting in touch so that you give us another chance without any financial impact.
All the best,

Rae
(the woman on the counter)