“Good food, shame about the speed of service”
Review of Prezzo - Falmouth - CLOSED

Prezzo - Falmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Popped into Prezzo for some pasta after the cinema recently and was a little disappointed. Staff were clearly run off their feet. 15 mins to take our drinks order, olives arrived with the starters.

All the food was good except for my Gorgonzola fussili(?)..Extremely tight with both the chicken and the gorgonzola. Real shame.

1  Thank thatfatguywhotravels

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We are fans of Prezzo and enjoyed our trip here. The menu is standard and always fresh. The seating was in a large open area that did give it a bit of a canteen feel especially if all tables were full. The area at the front of the restaurant was better arranged.
Staff were pleasant and service was timely.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

After good reviews from friends was looking forward to my first visit. It took 45 minutes for my drink to arrive! My food was a good while after that because we had to wait for someone to have garlic bread, how does that delay 14 main meals? The food was good, a small consolation.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had been to this restaurant in Falmouth City Centre on couple of occasions, once during Lunch and the other time during Dinner. The first experience during lunch was fantastic with good food and efficient service based on which we returned couple of months later. The second time was absolutely pathetic with unappetising fare and tepid service. We were with children and the waiters simply ignored us on many occasions. The lead waitress was drinking wine with a couple seated in the next table and the other servers were nonchalantly sitting behind the billing desk. Besides, the restaurant was very noisy with a table of boisterous drunken women inconveniencing other diners. So much to say that I had to personally ask the reception if something was seriously wrong. Though they were apologetic, this experience left us with a feeling that this restaurant is inconsistent in service and needs to be avoided. The place needs a new management and a set of fresh enthusiastic waiters to be taken seriously

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very few items on the menu are suitable for Coeliacs and the one I ordered using a Gluten Free pizza base was inedible and had to go back. The manager had assured me that all except the spicy beef topping were OK for Coeliacs but unfortunately the one I chose includes an egg and they are not able to cook this apparently, withour burning the pizza base. The manager admitted the GF bases are not easy to control. Thus I had the curious combination of a burned black base (like hardboard) with a raw egg topping....ooops!
They did make reparation on the bill but not for a whole spolied night out. If you need gluten free try one of the other Italian "chains" who offer a dedicated GF menu or even some of the well known takeaway pizza companies who seem to have this mastered.