First off, I have absolutely no criticisms of the staff - all very charming and helpful. Good facilities and a atmosphere. I am only writing this to warn prospective guests not to stay on the top floor if they can avoid it (I have no experience of the other rooms so cannot comment). I arrived tired after a 5 hour drive one night last week to get a single room. I was NOT told that there was going to be a function with disco until midnight and after that, function guests continued chatting in their room below keeping me awake until gone almost 5 am. They were not being rowdy, just talking but the walls and floor of the top floor rooms are wafer thin (cheap conversion I think in the ?1970s?); I could even hear the bathroom light pull in the room below!
You may think that the guests are at fault and they were certainly pretty inconsiderate, but they weren't being 'rowdy' and I would expect that a hotel room should be sufficiently sound insulated that one doesn't have to feel as if you are in an expensive dormitory, sharing the discussion with your fellow guests! The hotel owner told me the next morning that some of the rooms are being refurbished, but unless that refurbishment includes better sound insulation, the issue may not be addressed. I have rated the room 'poor' only becasue it was quite dated and terribly insulated - otherwise it was clean and serviceable as a basic single room.
So, nice hotel, but don't stay on the top floor unless you know you have quiet neighbours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine your perfect holiday - a privately run Cornish Hotel, with far reaching views across the stunning Falmouth bay, South Cornwall. The Merchants Manor is unpretentious and yet wonderfully individual and provides the perfect base from which to explore the Cornish Riviera. Merchants Manor offers friendly and professional service and the kind of efficiency you would expect from a luxury Falmouth Hotel. Whoever you are or whatever you're looking for, whether that is a family holiday, a hotel perfect for Weddings in Cornwall, Merchants Manor is just fitting for all your needs. Come and enjoy attractive accommodation, good food and service reminiscent of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Merchants Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Lawns Falmouth
- Green Lawns Hotel Falmouth
- Merchants Manor Falmouth, Cornwall