“Great value stay”

St Michael's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here in March for work purposes so unfortunately didn't have much time to enjoy it!
I booked a single room which was good value and suitable for my requirements, the room itself and bathroom were pleasant and well equipped. The only issue was a rather noisy heated towel rail which made a trickling noise during the night - however with the bathroom door closed it was fine (I am not a particularly light sleeper).
Ate in the restaurant in the evening, the food was excellent and service very good.
The hotel is situated right near the beach and lovely gardens, so I took a walk down before dinner.
Breakfast in the morning was very good also, with a great selection.
I've visited Falmouth many times for family holidays prior to this so I would recommend the area and the hotel. Lovely!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for St Michael's Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 22, 2014

1 night stay - Sunday 20th April 2014

this was my 2nd trip to St Michaels and have to say from my arrival I was not impressed. The reception staff were rude on more than one occasion it seemed that everything asked for was a big problem. If I hadn't been before I would have walked out there and then.

The staff in the restaurant were less than helpful in the evening especially after a power cut at the hotel left us with no meal, no alternative was provided in its place (as in cold food/sandwiches) we were provided with a refund which was expected as I paid for the meal up front.

Before leaving there was no hot water when contacting reception we were snapped at being told they were aware already.!! I again advised on checking out and again the reception staffs attitude was awful. No apology nothing.

This is not the way we expected to be treated, rudeness from start to finish .. any future planned trips to this Hotel will now not be happening.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Treliskatoo
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

I am sorry you feel let down during your recent stay with us. I am disappointed, however I am also surprised as we generally receive very complementary comments regarding our staff, their friendliness and professionalism. I will of course follow this up with our Reception Manager.

Regarding the issue with the power cut, again I am very surprised by your comments as I do know we did offer alternative dinner offerings. Although the power cut was an external issue beyond our control, the feedback we received is that our team handled it very well and ensured all guests were looked after, I am so sorry you feel you were not. Again, I will follow this up with the relevant Manger.

I understand you no longer wish to return to the Hotel, and once again I am sorry you feel this way and that you did not enjoy your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband booked this as a birthday present. When we arrived I was disappointed with the room but this was changed straight away by reception so we went off for lunch happy! We had treatments in the spa which were very professional and relaxing. In the evening we enjoyed a first class dinner with lovely wines. A comfortable nights sleep in a wonderful bed and a great breakfast finished our stay nicely. The complimentary birthday bucks fizz with a sea view on a sunny day was the cherry on the cake! Would have loved to stay longer, a day in Falmouth with another night in the hotel would have been nice but it was time to get back to our children. I would recommend this for couples who enjoy modern hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Another lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Friday night, checked in, and found out that we had been upgraded in our room, which was a nice surprise. After checking out our room, we went for a drink in the bar, which was very pleasant.
The following morning, we went down for breakfast, which you had the choice of, and a fried Cornish breakfast, which you could help yourself.
Food very good, staff very pleasant. Would recommend this place. Looking forward to my spa treatment!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Dragonsu
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Really friendly staff with fantastic facilities and lovely spa.
Beds are very comfortable with the best pillows.
Great location with loads to do in the local area for families or couples.
Would really recommend a stay at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, with beautiful views and in a great location. One of the nicest rooms I've had the pleasure of staying in Cornwall. I would highly recommend this hotel not only for the above but also as the staff couldn't be more helpful. No request is to big or small.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night on Mother's Day and the first time away with our very young baby. We had only booked a standard double room but were so pleased to find when we got to the room that we had been complimentary upgraded to a really spacious sea view room with a balcony, a lovely surprise thank you. Our daughters bottles needed to be kept in the fridge (silly of me to presume there would be a minibar fridge in the room) so we had to keep asking reception to store and fetch them for us every three hours but they happily obliged very quickly each time which made us feel less of a nuisance!
I was really impressed by the reception staff we met and they were extremely helpful and efficient during our stay.
We used the pool facilities and our daughter enjoyed her first ever swim and even though it was busy we still had a nice time using them.
We had dinner included as part of our stay and it was pleasant, however I think next time we will venture out into Falmouth. The bar man Alfie was really friendly and chatty and the restaurant manager (I think) was nice and checked on us lots to make sure we were ok but I did not rate our waitress. She did not give us wine menus on arrival we had to ask for these, I had to ask for water glasses which she didn't bring over, I asked several questions about the menu and these were met with curt responses and overall we did not feel she cared whether we were enjoying ourselves or not! We even heard her complaining to another table about how long a shift she had worked that day which is very unprofessional.
We will definitely return to St Michaels hotel in the future as we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the atmosphere of the place is great and really relaxing and met all our needs as a young family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stmoritzgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to St Michael's Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!