I should preface this review by saying I won two nights dinner, bed and breakfast in a business card draw, so apart from drinks, this was a freebie.
We had a double room in the Captain's House/ Lodge a few steps away from main reception. Whilst I can't really complain if they put us in the cleaner's cupboard as it was a freebie, the room was on the small side and if we were using it a a 'base' for a holiday and spending any considerable time in there, it was a bit on the poky side. Also, quite cold when the heating was off, intermittent connection to the hotel wi-fi and the bathroom was a bit spotted with mold in places, but then this was at the start of October and the decor looked like it had been refreshed at the start of the season, so maybe our timing wasn't great.
That's it, that's really nit-picking.
The standard of service was amazing. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews that the staff would be a bit snooty (especially as on a freebie) but THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. A passing comment on arrival as to the purpose of our stay - the day between husband's birthday and our anniversary, was obviously noted as at dinner the first evening he was wished a belated birthday and at dinner the second night we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne each and then brought out an amazing chocolate dessert with 'happy anniversary' written in chocolate. All unprompted.
I had the middle day to myself so had a swim, steam and sauna. Very nice facilities and, again, helpful and welcoming staff. Then settled down in the comfy sofa room (which I think has a nautical name) off the bar with a book and a giant bottle of water for a couple of hours and was left to my own devices, not once made to feel I was taking up space or in the way.
The meals were delicious. Good, quality ingredients and I was even tempted by the oysters which I have about once every ten years. Worth the wait.
We were made to feel very special, even during busy periods of service. If we were looking to stay local but indulge in a luxury break, St Michael's would be high up on the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ESPA treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, seekda GmbH, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall