We attended a wedding here and can thoroughly recommend the hotel. All the staff were very professional and friendly.
We stayed 3 nights, ate at Gilly beach bistro the first night, the hotel the second and, Pizza Express the third.
The hotel is well positioned just behind the beach (only a 2 minute walk) with great views of Falmouth bay from the higher floors. It is only a 10 minute walk to the Falmouth harbour area as well, with plenty of shops in the town and coffee/eating places around the marina area.
The hotel pool and spa are excellent, we had spa treatments during our visit which were inexpensive.
The breakfast selection was good, although they have a slightly odd ordering system for any type of egg except scrambled. Seems a bit strange to order fried eggs and then have to go to the buffet for tomatoes and bacon etc, only to find these have run out and the eggs are getting cold.
Bar prices were slightly inflated but not excessively so.
Room was comfortable and clean, but no air conditioning, so as this was the hottest weekend of the year so far, we were a bit hot at night. I would have preferred a balcony, but the rooms with balcony have their views restricted by the mature trees in the gardens.
We watched Andy Murray win the tennis on the large screen TV in the lounge area and were served complementary strawberries and cream, to make the atmosphere just right.
The car park is a bit small for the size of hotel and it can be a struggle to find (and get in and out of) some spaces.
Overall though a comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable weekend.
I would come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ESPA treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, seekda GmbH, Hotel.de, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall